Valentine One

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremyespinoza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a Valentine One about a month ago and I'm so glad I chose this radar over the ****** 360. I definitely recommend this radar to anyone traveling it saved me 5 speeding tickets.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a Valentine One about a month ago and I'm so glad I chose this radar over the ****** 360. I definitely recommend this radar to anyone traveling it saved me 5 speeding tickets.

Now check out this video and really learn how to set it up for maximum performance!

http://www.vortexradar.com/2015/12/how-to-quiet-down-a-valentine-one-and-maximize-its-performance/

chi_weezy

Reaction score
40+ minute video holy shit. That's like a lecture class. I've always had V1's. in cali and Arizona and Ka and Laser seem to be the only bands you need. I like how the V1's look and they work great so I've never changed it up. They are quite chatty though even in super logic mode which still has K band

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered an ****** iX on sale for $349, down from $499. I have a 9500 that I've had for years/love in use, except for the annoying auto-based lane detection/impact radar falsing. The iX is supposed to cut a ton of that out. Where I drive, almost all LE use Ka and not K, anyway.

OP
OP
J

jeremyespinoza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol have you updated to the new software yet?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Not too bad for the price. But the V1 I think is a better radar

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good choice. I have mine installed with a Blendmount and MirrorTaps

I too have a V1 and ordered the blend mount, but the way it attached to the mirror did not allow me to position the rear view where I needed it to be in order to see clearly out the rear window. I ended up returning it, using the mirror tap and suction cups to attach detector to window.

I'm OCD about things like radar detector being level and pointing straight ahead. Where you able to position yours this way in your Raptor with the blend mount?

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I too have a V1 and ordered the blend mount, but the way it attached to the mirror did not allow me to position the rear view where I needed it to be in order to see clearly out the rear window. I ended up returning it, using the mirror tap and suction cups to attach detector to window.

I'm OCD about things like radar detector being level and pointing straight ahead. Where you able to position yours this way in your Raptor with the blend mount?

I've always used the MirrorMount on other vehicles. But ya it depends on what type of mirror you have. Never used Blendmount before

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40+ minute video holy shit. That's like a lecture class. I've always had V1's. in cali and Arizona and Ka and Laser seem to be the only bands you need. I like how the V1's look and they work great so I've never changed it up. They are quite chatty though even in super logic mode which still has K band

Yeah it's a long video for sure... But if you want to get rid of Chatty, invest the time watch the videos a couple times and set up your YAV1 and V1 as you watch...

With a Bluetooth module and the YAV1 app, you get the advantage of GPS lockouts Etc and everything goes quiet except the real deal...

Set up custom sweeps looking only for the actual police radar bands and you know they're real... but you really do need to have the newest version of the V1 with the junk K Band update to take full advantage.