Using a buying service to purchase a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesertRunner

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here and I apologize I can't use the search function at work for some reason.

In any case, I understand that there is a mixed bag of dealers with some charging miserable markups and some that are selling at MSRP or slightly less.
I am wondering if anyone has used a buying service like CostCo or USAA to negotiate a better deal?

TIA

OP
OP
D

DesertRunner

Reaction score
Well For What Its Worth...

... Both Costco and USAA list Raptor as a selection on their websites. I'll keep people posted as I move forward with this soon.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a while back about how one of my friends claimed to have put in a request at Costco's site and he said he got a call back within a day about buying a Raptor at MSRP. I can't remember the name of the dealership, but my friend is in Orlando, Florida. He said the salesmen he spoke with they would sell at MSRP through the Costco program, but no lower. I'm still not actually sure if this really happened or if my friend was just doing that thing guys do sometimes where they need to brag about how they can get a better deal than you (I paid $5K over for my Raptor).

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got me all excited there for a moment. I just tried COSTCO. The 2018 Raptor was listed with invoice and MSRP prices. After submitting my build sheet, the fine print on the site said that the Raptor is not available at this time. Bummer.

https://m.costcoauto.com/new_cars/locate_dealer/Default.aspx

The site did show that markup for my build is $4,885.00, between invoice ($64,110) and MSRP ($68,995).

Last edited:

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spammed USAA requests to 30-40 dealers back in January. A few offered sub-MSRP guaranteed savings certificates, but of course no one would honor it even for models on the lot. Most dealers have since corrected the "discrepancy" and aren't offering pricing for Raptors on the certificate.

Of all the dealers I contacted through USAA, only one was offering at MSRP so I got on their list, waited about four months and ordered back in April.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should have one or maybe even 2 allocations for 18' Raptors. Sorry no discounts but they would be straight up at MSRP. Let me know if you're interested.