Uplifted Switch Fuses??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can purchase an uplifted switch fuse? Preferably a 15A? I have looked at very where including my Ford dealer. They are apparently on a national backorder.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What has to be done to make like one of my 5amp upfitter switch’s into say a 15amp? I have 0 knowledge on this. Sorry if it’s a dumb question.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What has to be done to make like one of my 5amp upfitter switch’s into say a 15amp? I have 0 knowledge on this. Sorry if it’s a dumb question.

You'd need a 15a fuse in place of the 5 amp fuse and you'd need to rewire with the proper gauge... It would be a lot easier to simply use a relay.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what do u mean exactly when you say use a relay? Once again I don’t know nothing bout it. I just have 1 5amp switch left and 1 15 amp left but I need both to be 15amp

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what do u mean exactly when you say use a relay? Once again I don’t know nothing bout it. I just have 1 5amp switch left and 1 15 amp left but I need both to be 15amp

A relay is basically a switch that's activated by tiny amount of current. They are used to power high current accessories (a light bar for example) with a low current switch like a 5a upfitter switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvFvJiiDD7w

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just connect the relay between mu Baja light bar and my upfitter switch wires? And change fuse ?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just connect the relay between mu Baja light bar and my upfitter switch wires? And change fuse ?

You don't need to, nor should you change the fuse. 5a is plenty to actuate the relay, once the relay is flipped on the power to actually run the light bar operates off of a different circuit. If you buy a relay wiring harness it will have it's own fuse on the circuit that actually powers your accessory.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...MIlp2DqO6L2QIVUlt-Ch2CoAROEAQYAiABEgLL-vD_BwE

With that harness, you'd simply use the upfitter switch in lieu of the switch it comes with.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So where exactly can I find a fuse to buy?

You can't just pop in a higher current fuse and call it a day. The different switches have different wire gauges. Putting a 15a fuse on a switch wired for 5a is a good way to start a fire. That's why there's relay harnesses, in which case you wouldn't need to swap out any fuses.