Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Update on intercooler fan mud issue

This is a discussion on Update on intercooler fan mud issue within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by ThugHunter For future reference, hire a 3rd party company to inspect the vehicle that way you know ...

User Tag List

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 06:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ThugHunter View Post
For future reference, hire a 3rd party company to inspect the vehicle that way you know what you're getting.
This is great advice. I have bought several *new* cars sight-unseen, but I would not risk it when buying a used car, even one with only 3000 miles. The cost of the 3rd party inspection would have been less than the $600 he is out for the repairs. (Of course, he would not have the truck, either...)
Kirito likes this.

TXRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Worked for me. Dealer denied a claim, so I called the customer service hotline. Got a regional rep who was very understanding. And my claim was for the stupid graphics. Needless to say, they are being replaced under warranty and I’m also being taken care of. It’s worth a shot to give them a call.
smurfslayer likes this.
Onemoosehorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Onemoosehorn View Post
Worked for me. Dealer denied a claim, so I called the customer service hotline. Got a regional rep who was very understanding. And my claim was for the stupid graphics. Needless to say, they are being replaced under warranty and Iím also being taken care of. Itís worth a shot to give them a call.
Ill give them a call, the dealer is denying everything even with the substantial evidence I have. The general manager even went out of the way to say "we're an honest dealership". dickhead

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Originally Posted by ThugHunter View Post
The truck he's referring to was not a CPO Raptor. I live 80 miles from the dealer he bought this truck from and was going to take a look at it myself until I spoke to the dealer over the phone and realized they wouldn't budge on the price. Yeah the truck only had 3k miles on it, but it was a 2017 (going on two year old since built truck) and they were still asking $61,xxx. Then I discovered the truck was a Missouri truck, bought at auction rather than traded in locally. Then there's the, why doesn't this dealer certify it? There were too many red flags for my liking.

No offense OP, but when they received a phone call from a prospective California buyer, who wasn't even going to check the truck out in person or send a company out to inspect it, they were thinking this is gonna be the easiest sale they've ever had. For future reference, hire a 3rd party company to inspect the vehicle that way you know what you're getting.
lesson learned. They actually budged on the price for me so I thought I was getting a good deal until all this garbage started happening.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Full Access Member

This truck is pretty darn well protected. I did see the original post also. Im shocked by how mud could get up in the fans/intercooler area so easily? Even at raptor assault? Im sure ford beat this truck also. Just puzzled.
Jtnuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:55 PM   #25 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Jtnuge View Post
This truck is pretty darn well protected. I did see the original post also. Im shocked by how mud could get up in the fans/intercooler area so easily? Even at raptor assault? Im sure ford beat this truck also. Just puzzled.
Apparently it's a common problem but hell if I know. I think it's because the intercooler and its fans sit directly behind the front bumper.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Maybe I need to take mine on more muddy roads. If your following someone very close, maybe you would have minor issues. I will just continue to have fun with mine.

Last edited by Jtnuge; 05-16-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Jtnuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:57 PM   #27 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Sharkus29 View Post
Some people don't even read the post before they comment
At no point in the original post did it say that the buyer did not personally inspect the vehicle prior to purchase. There is no way Iíd ever buy a used vehicle without looking it over carefully. Caveat emptor.

By the way, I have a sweet 2004 Ford Lightning for sale. $16,000. Send cash and Iíll ship it to you.
Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #28 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
At no point in the original post did it say that the buyer did not personally inspect the vehicle prior to purchase. There is no way Iíd ever buy a used vehicle without looking it over carefully. Caveat emptor.

By the way, I have a sweet 2004 Ford Lightning for sale. $16,000. Send cash and Iíll ship it to you.
He said in his post he had it shipped to him from another state.
Sharkus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Jtnuge View Post
Mud gets everywhere. Most of the dozen or so Raptors at Raptor Assault had serious fan noise from the IC by the end of the day.
jabroni619 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Ill give them a call, the dealer is denying everything even with the substantial evidence I have. The general manager even went out of the way to say "we're an honest dealership".
Tell him you will leave plenty of honest reviews all over the internet...

The "Beach Buggy"
Join....
Frank N is offline   Reply With Quote