Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
yep...its widespread enough. thought mine was good. parked n garage every day and not a drop of oil. looked good until i crawled underneath and looked under the skid plate ...pan has oil underneath..great to the dealer...1800miles

Sariggs1

Reaction score
Mine starting leaking yesterday, 5,025 miles. Took it to the dealership this morning, diagnosed with a cracked oil pan at the seal. Ford's repair is to replace the entire oil pan (they think it has been redesigned)...6 week backorder and told not to drive it or check oil level daily...ugh

They said this is not the first one they have seen. Apparently is is a PITA to get all the silicone off and it was take an overnight stay to fix it. They did say the oil change is on Ford's $ and they will remove and degrease the undercarriage as best they can, it is pretty covered.

Second time since April I have been told to park it for 6 weeks until a part comes in. Luckly, I took it to another dealer on the first issue and it was misdiagnosed and fixed in a day.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
Well upon further inspection it is the trans pan. Dealership said to leave it for an few hours. Dropping it off Friday. Really not happy. Is this a common issue?

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine starting leaking yesterday, 5,025 miles. Took it to the dealership this morning, diagnosed with a cracked oil pan at the seal. Ford's repair is to replace the entire oil pan (they think it has been redesigned)...6 week backorder and told not to drive it or check oil level daily...ugh

They said this is not the first one they have seen. Apparently is is a PITA to get all the silicone off and it was take an overnight stay to fix it. They did say the oil change is on Ford's $ and they will remove and degrease the undercarriage as best they can, it is pretty covered.

Second time since April I have been told to park it for 6 weeks until a part comes in. Luckly, I took it to another dealer on the first issue and it was misdiagnosed and fixed in a day.

Well I can say I lived with the leak for 4 weeks or so with no issues and daily driving....checked the oil maybe once or twice and it was never an issue....it is an overnight stay but an easy fix.....Only real thing that was a PITA was parking it in the street as to not mark up my driveway with tiny little oil spots....

baja714

Reaction score
man i noticed a few oil drops of oil in my garage about a month ago was thinking and hoping that maybe Ford didn't tighten either the drain plug or filter enough so i wiped it up. just noticed more yesterday so I went under the truck and f'n noticed it leaking all around the oil pan.

IMG_3107.jpg

searched and found this seems to be a common issue. man i had a 07 Titan for 10 years and never had one issue with it other than normal wear and tear. this really makes me wonder if this thing is going to have more problems down the road you know. not looking forward to leaving it for days. is there a way to leave them a valet key or leave it in valet mode or some shit so the service guys can't take it off the lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No there really isn't any way to set a valet mode where it locks it to keep it at the lot. The dealership will log the mileage when it arrives and then you can check it again when you pick it up. You can also locate the vehicle randomly through the app while it's in service. I'm not too worried about a tech going for a joyride...

It would have been nice if Ford had a similar valet mode like Dodge's SRT line where it dumbs down the throttle.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
This seems to be an epidemic across the 3.5 ecoboost in general. Everyone should be checking their oil pan frequently so that they can head off the issue.