Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a standard amount the dealer can bill Ford for the repair. If the recommended procedure calls for new oil and filter that cost should be included in the reimbursement.

I can't imagine Ford recommending putting used oil back in the motor, the risk of it being contaminated with dirt, debris and other fluids once out of the vehicle would be high and an unnecessary liability.

I agree with you.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Requirement for overnight curing with the "Motorcraft® High Performance Engine RTV Silicone / TA-357 (WSE-M4G323-A6)" There is a "Speedy Install" Note though:
"NOTE: The oil pan must be installed and the oil pan aligned to the cylinder block within 4 minutes of sealant application. Final tightening of the oil pan bolts must be carried out within 60 minutes of sealant application."​

Strange they reused the oil. R&R procedure calls for a new filter and fresh oil.
14. NOTE: Do not lubricate the engine oil filter gasket.
Install a new oil filter.
Torque:
Stage 1: 44 lb.in (5 Nm)
Stage 2: 180°

19. Fill the engine with clean engine oil.
Refer to: Specifications (303-01C Engine - 3.5L EcoBoost (272kW/370PS), Specifications).
Material: Motorcraft® SAE 5W-30 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil / XO-5W30-QSP (WSS-M2C946-A)​

"don't lubricate the oil filter gasket"? Is that one new? Wonder what the reason is for that?

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"don't lubricate the oil filter gasket"? Is that one new? Wonder what the reason is for that?

Got me. 2 things that I always do:
1) feel around and make damn sure there is nothing left from the old oil filter's gasket.
2) lube the new oil filter's gasket.
I don't think this old dog will remember that new trick.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Thank you for that information. Where is this information coming from? I would like to refer to it when they call me back....

The Ford dealer's online workshop manual, under the section: "Removal and reinstallation of oil pan"

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the build dates for all of the raptors experiencing this nasty oil leak? My build date is 3/17, as of today 1,600 miles and no oil leak yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the build dates for all of the raptors experiencing this nasty oil leak? My build date is 3/17, as of today 1,600 miles and no oil leak yet!!

3/23 here. Its not really a nasty oil leak. It never leaked on my driveway and if I didnt read about it on this forum I would have never got under the truck and found it. It had a super slow drip off 1 bolt. Hits the skid plates and stays out of site. Today I removed all my skid plates and cleaned the underside since the dealer didnt do it.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.. I am going to see my ford tech this Friday to lift the truck and take a closer inspection! I wonder how many others are reporting this issue!

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy to report that my truck is dry.. it has been sitting on the same spot for 6 days and no oil drops or stains!! I've also checked oil level and it is right in the middle marker of the oil dip stick!! I will still have my Ford tech give it a closer look!! 4f024551786a98dedfbce47f62c09eb9.jpg1d8d06d4b1cb2aef239da4b343ae5c69.jpg145868c42b4554fa25846b53c7e4952e.jpg8cefd9c99c31e730cbe9bb2bdf4a9588.jpg