Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has 550 miles and I noticed the leak. Took it to the dealership yesterday and they called and said it is definitely coming from the oil pan - block. He said he would have removed and replaced the RTV yesterday, but the raptors call for "high performance" liquid gasket which he had to order. I asked him about replacing the pan (because I read it here), but he said they will reuse the pan and put new "high performance" RTV around it.

Thoughts on this? Has anyone not had their pan replaced?

Thanks in advance!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My truck has 550 miles and I noticed the leak. Took it to the dealership yesterday and they called and said it is definitely coming from the oil pan - block. He said he would have removed and replaced the RTV yesterday, but the raptors call for "high performance" liquid gasket which he had to order. I asked him about replacing the pan (because I read it here), but he said they will reuse the pan and put new "high performance" RTV around it.

Thanks in advance!

I would balk, based on the number of F150 (not just Raptor) pans not done correctly. how do they know it’s not the pan itself? if it hasn’t been removed, they don’t know.

have them get the damn pan, it’s not that expensive. Unless they don’t replace it and you have to come back because it still leaks...

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would balk, based on the number of F150 (not just Raptor) pans not done correctly. how do they know it’s not the pan itself? if it hasn’t been removed, they don’t know.

have them get the damn pan, it’s not that expensive. Unless they don’t replace it and you have to come back because it still leaks...

The pan is like $60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This oil pan issue is a 17/18 3.5 ecoboost epidemic.

No, it’s not. For as many people have complained, it’s less than 2% of F150’s and less than 1% of Raptors.

Your divorce from reality continues to worsen. You should get medical help.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

When mine went in for repair, they told me the pan was replaced, but i don't believe it. After repair the pan had oil coating externally just like it did before I took it in. I ******* about this a little, but took it home anyway because it would have been really inconvenient to leave it for another day to have it cleaned, and then I cleaned it myself the next day. How else do you monitor for leaks? The good news is that I have no signs of leakage since I took it in.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is a 18', 10k miles now, 2nd oil change, i saw a small puddle of oil on the garage floor, some around the bolts, this only happened after the 2nd oil change, and the two doing it looked like idiots