Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is an incorrect statement.. pans are being replaced and get new gaskets (gaskets are 1 time use). The leaks shown on the web are around bolt holes where the bolts seem to have been overtourqued. Steel pans never had issues like these.

Do you mean Mcnawsty (aka Sasquatch) was spreading wrong info????

Darn it, I already drilled a weep hole in my truck because of him and then I sold it at a huge loss because he said the new engine was about to be here.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would have to agree on the plastic oil pans, on the situation that you go off-road normally. For a daily driver i don’t see an issue. If they don’t leak they won’t need messed with so I don’t think I would worry about them being over torqued normally.

I would however have a worry about debris on and off-road, but it looks pretty well protected maybe just a skid plate or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reminds me of a John Deere tractor I bought new. A couple days later I saw a streak of oil running down the wheel and called the dealer.

He said "ain't supposed to be oil on the outside". Same applies here......

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would have to agree on the plastic oil pans, on the situation that you go off-road normally. For a daily driver i don’t see an issue. If they don’t leak they won’t need messed with so I don’t think I would worry about them being over torqued normally.

I would however have a worry about debris on and off-road, but it looks pretty well protected maybe just a skid plate or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a major PIA checking to see if my G2 oil pan was leaking because of the skidplates. If a G2 has debris damage to the oil pan, the owner has far larger problems and probably needs a new frontend.

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Jan 18th build just started leaking at 3300 miles. New oil pan on order.

Reaction score
I got me a leak too! :/

Got the truck in May, after 3600 miles of mellow driving. Oil Leak!
Other issues: Separating front passenger fender, Rubbing tailgate and Random bleeder hose just chillin' under the driverside wheel well.

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I as well, have suffered from the pan leak I think I noticed it at 5k miles when I had it on a lift. they put a new gasket on, changed the oil, and filter, and called it a day, I need to get back under the truck and see if it still leaking or not.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Room for one more? Had truck in for an oil change last week, technician said it was leaking oil from around the pan. He said they cleaned it up and want me to drive it around for a couple of weeks then return for them to inspect for the source of the leak.

Truck was built Feb 3rd, has 13k miles on it now. Must have started leaking since my last oil change at 8k miles.

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just dropped off my truck. same exact leak as depicted. was about to change the oil when I saw the leak so glad i stopped. jan build with 4kmi...

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Room for one more? Had truck in for an oil change last week, technician said it was leaking oil from around the pan. He said they cleaned it up and want me to drive it around for a couple of weeks then return for them to inspect for the source of the leak.

Truck was built Feb 3rd, has 13k miles on it now. Must have started leaking since my last oil change at 8k miles.

Lol....show the tech this thread and tell them to change the pan....is he going to hang out under the truck when your drive to see where it's leaking?.....ridiculous