Ugh - already in the body shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drjbeyer

Reaction score
So I picked up my 2017 in a torrential rain and couldn't really do a thorough inspection. A few days later when I went over it I found the paint was already peeling off of the roof. Took it back in and they do a "scotch tape test". They put scotch tape over it and when the paint sticks to the tape they take a photo and apparently that's what Ford needs to authorize the warranty work.

If you haven't checked your roof, it would be worth your while to. I will also post this in the known problems thread.

EDIT UPDATE: To top this off - TEN days at the dealership to fix - they say it "is a very time consuming process to do it right". ******** translation - we are being paid as a warranty claim by Ford so all of the other work we have from paying customers comes first...

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpg
    IMG_4010.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell on my roof being AG but it looks good to me! Thanks for the heads up and sorry bout the issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel for you. I was sitting at a median stop light when an oncoming car ran over some dry wall, flipped it sideways and it hit the driver door on mine. 2 pea sized dents and removed the paint and scratching it in between. All within the first 24hrs of ownership. At least you get yours fixed on Ford's dime... Whether dealer or someone else, just makes you sick.

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's alright, when my gf and I were going over the rims and checking for scratches before she so kindly took it to the dealer for me while I was at work, we found this gem on the right front fender.

Been st the dealer since last Tuesday, should be getting it back tomorrow !

Attachments

• IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 184

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's alright, when my gf and I were going over the rims and checking for scratches before she so kindly took it to the dealer for me while I was at work, we found this gem on the right front fender.

Been st the dealer since last Tuesday, should be getting it back tomorrow !

I have a spot like that on my fender and one on my hood, right at the edges. Just ignoring it and happy it isn't bad enough in my books to bother fixing.

derekg1988

Reaction score
i got one like that on my driver fender too, also my passenger rear door it looks like the spray gun was running out of paint the bottom of the door, right below seem/indention on bottom part of door, if you look close you can see little white specs beneath the clear, but you have to be right up on it to notice. I'm not going to worry about it. You can't tell from just walking around the truck you have to your eyes like an inch or two away from door at bottom to notice.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the wife drives a newer fusion and we have had issues with the aluminum bonding to the paint properly.

the hood corners have been the worst.

aizdaman

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one who appears to be cursed, but it looks like there are many in the same boat as me.

I have less than 150 miles on my truck and I took it to the ice rink for my hockey game. I parked out in back far from others as usual. When I come back later that evening, my drivers side bumper is pushed so far back that it is almost touching the tire with no ability for the wheels to be turned as a result. Truck has been in the shop since then.

I think I have had a rental longer than actually having my truck at this point....

Either way, i hope your trucks all get back to you guys all fixed and ready to go and hopefully things will look up soon.

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spot like that on my fender and one on my hood, right at the edges. Just ignoring it and happy it isn't bad enough in my books to bother fixing.

It was going in for a few other things, so i figured if I was going to be without my truck. they may as well fix it all!

i got one like that on my driver fender too, also my passenger rear door it looks like the spray gun was running out of paint the bottom of the door, right below seem/indention on bottom part of door, if you look close you can see little white specs beneath the clear, but you have to be right up on it to notice. I'm not going to worry about it. You can't tell from just walking around the truck you have to your eyes like an inch or two away from door at bottom to notice.

That really sucks to hear, I'm actually kind of surprised of the quality of these trucks that are coming out, you would think that a limited production vehicle would get more attention to detail, I know this is the case with Audi and their RS models.

I thought I was the only one who appears to be cursed, but it looks like there are many in the same boat as me.

I have less than 150 miles on my truck and I took it to the ice rink for my hockey game. I parked out in back far from others as usual. When I come back later that evening, my drivers side bumper is pushed so far back that it is almost touching the tire with no ability for the wheels to be turned as a result. Truck has been in the shop since then.

I think I have had a rental longer than actually having my truck at this point....

Either way, i hope your trucks all get back to you guys all fixed and ready to go and hopefully things will look up soon.

That's super crappy, that's why I've been contemplating/researching dash cams, they'll record an event/shock for situations like that so you might have a chance of catching the tag and getting the person that caused it to pay.