GEN 2 Tune 2017 ford raptor - yes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There absolutely will be a ford performance calibration.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

maybe recal to fix issues but i dont think there will be any massive gains in power. Not without a warranty issue. Really , why would they? Its the fastest off road truck made , hell its probly the fastest truck period. Wheres the upside for ford? They could let the after market handle it.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe recal to fix issues but i dont think there will be any massive gains in power. Not without a warranty issue. Really , why would they? Its the fastest off road truck made , hell its probly the fastest truck period. Wheres the upside for ford? They could let the after market handle it.

This isn't speculation. There will be a calibration by ford performance that will further increase performance and it will not void the factory warranty. Ford performance has already been offering calibrations for other vehicles for a while. In case you are unfamiliar with ford performance they even sell mustang superchargers that don't void your warranty.

"Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-FR1-FST

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8A

https://performanceparts.ford.com/warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2015.pdf

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

56a79ebf11987aa7fbfa628116e540b6.jpg

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any eta updates on the calibration? I was going to go AfE but would rather go with ford and not worry about disconnecting it every time I go into service.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a couple months turned into 6 by the way its looking. Has anyone heard anything else about the FP tune? I'm hoping it will help with normal mode shifting parameters. I like sport mode but it revs the gears out a little much for every day driving, however normal mode shifts thru 8 gears at 25MPH if you are barely pushing throttle.

khahn73

Reaction score
Sounds like a couple months turned into 6 by the way its looking. Has anyone heard anything else about the FP tune? I'm hoping it will help with normal mode shifting parameters. I like sport mode but it revs the gears out a little much for every day driving, however normal mode shifts thru 8 gears at 25MPH if you are barely pushing throttle.
In my opinion, tow mode is the perfect compromise between normal and sport mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, tow mode is the perfect compromise between normal and sport mode.

Awesome, thanks for the tip, I'll try it! Wondering if it defaults back to normal mode if in tow mode.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Interesting thought there. Tow mode also aggressively downshifts when you slow down with the brakes.

Wondering if there are any downsides to just driving around with tow mode engaged for long periods.