GEN 2 Tune 2017 ford raptor - yes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17Jake

REBEL 12 HK
Reaction score
verb > warrantied > to provide a manufacturer's warranty

#spelling for dummies

Jake :flipthebird:

Last edited:

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't be seeing a Separate key unless the PCM in the Raptor is designed to be dual capable. The Track key was part of the actual design of the Boss mustang from launch and it actually did not increase the HP. It changed the power band, AF and other settings such as TB response and the like for track use. But back to back dyno's showed no improvement in power.

How would that even work with push button start?

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... I'll bite... at least in my old truck I'd like to avoid ethanol... what's good about e-30? I'm ignorant.

Sorry for the highjack.

I avoid ethanol whenever possible.

Ethanol absorbs moisture from the air. Over time, that water can separate and drop, along with ethanol, to the bottom of your fuel tank. This can cause problems like corrosion and stalling, especially in smaller engines.

However, my biggest complaint is the fact that ethanol is only so widespread due to nanny-state big-gov't mandates and taxpayer funded subsides in recent years. Due to how inefficient it is to produce corn ethanol, I am certain that it would not be in widespread use if not for government involvement.

However, corn farmers love ethanol due to the government mandates.

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I avoid ethanol whenever possible.

Ethanol absorbs moisture from the air. Over time, that water can separate and drop, along with ethanol, to the bottom of your fuel tank. This can cause problems like corrosion and stalling, especially in smaller engines.

However, my biggest complaint is the fact that ethanol is only so widespread due to nanny-state big-gov't mandates and taxpayer funded subsides in recent years. Due to how inefficient it is to produce corn ethanol, I am certain that it would not be in widespread use if not for government involvement.

However, corn farmers love ethanol due to the government mandates.

I've never been a fan of ethanol either especially when it comes to boats due to what you just explained. I wish the gov't would stop subsidizing ethanol and just let the natural market work.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wow didn't realize how misinformed ppl still are on ethanol! :e30: rocks I use it so I know I'm not just spewing crap. I am a farmer and the gov has not subsidized ethanol for 3 years how about big oil why are they getting subsidized?