Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Tune 2017 ford raptor - yes!!


This is a discussion on Tune 2017 ford raptor - yes!! within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by WhatExit? That's 3 motor issues more than I want to hear about. ZERO motor issues is what ...


User Tag List

Like Tree90Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2017, 03:58 PM   #121 (permalink)
 
Jayrod's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: FL
Posts: 706
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
That's 3 motor issues more than I want to hear about. ZERO motor issues is what I'd want to hear before I do what you did..."Take my chances until I buy another raptor a few years down the road."

You can tap dance and justify your decision and your taking chances all you want. I and others want a Ford tune that will be protected under the factory and Ford ESPs.
Lol 3 is a great number considering other shops and those are for all vehicles for all time. i don't have to tap dance over anything, I made my decision I have fought and won a warranty battle before. I am 100% confident this tune and truck will last the amount of time I want. Keep waiting on Fords tune that is your right.

To answer DF4's question they told me directly. Now is 5Star liars as well? Why don't you call and ask for yourself.

This crap about they will void a warranty at the drop of a hat is just plain false. People spreading that crap need to be banned plain and simple. Ford has to prove what you did caused the failure. It's not as easy as saying " he tuned it, let's void it". If they do you have a slam dunk court case win and enjoy it.
Micha likes this.





Last edited by Jayrod; 08-01-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Jayrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #122 (permalink)
 
WhatExit?'s Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southern Taxifornia
Posts: 1,247
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Jayrod View Post
This crap about they will void a warranty at the drop of a hat is just plain false. People spreading that crap need to be banned plain and simple.

Hey jackwagon, why not contribute and help those who don't understand what the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act is and how it protects them instead of demanding they be banned?

https://www.google.com/search?q=magn...hrome&ie=UTF-8
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #123 (permalink)
 
Jayrod's Avatar
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: FL
Posts: 706
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by WhatExit? View Post
Hey jackwagon, why not contribute and help those who don't understand what the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act is and how it protects them instead of demanding they be banned?

https://www.google.com/search?q=magn...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Lol that actually made me laugh. I had a thread about it JACKASS! jk this is all fun.
Jayrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:27 PM   #124 (permalink)
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post
If you dig into some of their Turbo applications they claim 90HP on the Focus ST with plugs, intake and tune...... that is awesome!
I had (for a heartbeat) a Focus ST and I did the Ford tune. Outside of the Philippines or Korea it was the best money I ever spent.

It was around 500 installed and the results were amazing. IMHO I would never put a non Ford tune on. Keep it all Ford and have them do the work just for peace of mind.
pchmotoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #125 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 49
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
All of this talk about how tunes do not void a warranty.

I am 49, I've spent 20 plus years in Ford dealerships. I've worked with Ford service departments the last ten years as a consultant.

Every single repair related to an engine for an internal failure that has a tune installed has been denied by Ford. Not a single repair has ever been warrantied if a tune is present and the engine fails.

Not one

Amount of people to successfully sue Ford Motor Company in court over these issues is zero. I'm not talking about some dealership getting sued I mean Ford themselves.

If you think for a second that you'll beat FMC in court your case will rot in limbo until you run out of cash to fight.

Take this to the bank, you will not win.

Last edited by AlbertaRaptor; 09-29-2017 at 12:28 PM.
AlbertaRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #126 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Valencia, CA
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
I think the real question is what level of forensics is performed when there is an engine issue. I would think most guys would simply remove the tune before taking it in, correct? In the cases you’re referring to, did the owner take their truck in with the tune installed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
2017 Magnetic SCREW

802a luxury package | technology package | twin panel roof | tailgate step | heated steering wheel | 2nd row heated seats | spray in bed-liner
CFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Age: 30
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by AlbertaRaptor View Post
All of this talk about how tunes do not void a warranty.

I am 49, I've spent 20 plus years in Ford dealerships. I've worked with Ford service departments the last ten years as a consultant.

Every single repair related to an engine for an internal failure that has a tune installed has been denied by Ford. Not a single repair has ever been warrantied if a tune is present and the engine fails.

Not one

Amount of people to successfully sue Ford Motor Company in court over these issues is zero. I'm not talking about some dealership getting sued I mean Ford themselves.

If you think for a second that you'll beat FMC in court your case will rot in limbo until you run out of cash to fight.

Take this to the bank, you will not win.
That's not true, I had a 13 that was tuned and the short block was replaced under warranty. It had a crack in the piston sleave. Truck had full exhaust, intake, tune, a boost gauge in the cab.. never heard a word about it. They just replaced it.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Originally Posted by CFIT View Post
I think the real question is what level of forensics is performed when there is an engine issue. I would think most guys would simply remove the tune before taking it in, correct? In the cases you’re referring to, did the owner take their truck in with the tune installed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the most common thing they look for is key cycles. How many times has the truck been turned off and on. If you did a kam reset or removed the battery for a period of time, it would reset that number anyways.. just pull your tune, and tell them you replaced the battery. I doubt they will dig much deeper.
Matt6951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:28 PM   #128 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Age: 27
Posts: 640
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by AlbertaRaptor View Post
All of this talk about how tunes do not void a warranty.

I am 49, I've spent 20 plus years in Ford dealerships. I've worked with Ford service departments the last ten years as a consultant.

Every single repair related to an engine for an internal failure that has a tune installed has been denied by Ford. Not a single repair has ever been warrantied if a tune is present and the engine fails.

Not one

Amount of people to successfully sue Ford Motor Company in court over these issues is zero. I'm not talking about some dealership getting sued I mean Ford themselves.

If you think for a second that you'll beat FMC in court your case will rot in limbo until you run out of cash to fight.

Take this to the bank, you will not win.
Legally, aftermarket tunes void factory warranties 100% of the time

Practically speaking, you might not get caught

Some dealers themselves will warranty the tune, but that means you have to return to that dealer for work - you've still lost the OEM go to any dealer warranty
BajaFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #129 (permalink)
FRF Supporting Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by BajaFred View Post
Legally, aftermarket tunes void factory warranties 100% of the time

Practically speaking, you might not get caught

Some dealers themselves will warranty the tune, but that means you have to return to that dealer for work - you've still lost the OEM go to any dealer warranty
To your credit you did state "while a tune is present " however there are ways to work around this i.e. returning to stock before going for service. However with newer gen2 ecoboost more advanced solid state memory this may be becoming more difficult.
Smokeshow60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #130 (permalink)
Full Access Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Age: 27
Posts: 640
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Smokeshow60 View Post
To your credit you did state "while a tune is present " however there are ways to work around this i.e. returning to stock before going for service. However with newer gen2 ecoboost more advanced solid state memory this may be becoming more difficult.
There's no way around it if corporate sends a tech

All tunes are discoverable, all tunes leave lots of traces

Your local dealer might not notice it, but if you grenade your engine (rare) and corporate sends a tech, he'll find the traces
BajaFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Tags
2017 ford raptor, 2017 raptor, raptor, tune

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help me fund a 2017 Ford Raptor kflakes15 Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 90 10-20-2016 04:11 PM
2017 Ford Raptor taking off mazur Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 102 10-18-2016 06:56 PM
2017 Ford Raptor - Episode 5 mazur Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 11 09-21-2016 12:04 AM
What's your thoughts on the 2017 Ford Raptor? 2017_ford_raptor_fan Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] 62 03-26-2016 07:28 AM
Does anybody think Ford will have the raptor around for 2017? Raptorprincess 2014 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only) 20 12-17-2013 12:07 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum