GEN 2 Tune 2017 ford raptor - yes!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dredlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thought there. Tow mode also aggressively downshifts when you slow down with the brakes.

Wondering if there are any downsides to just driving around with tow mode engaged for long periods.

Other than gas mileage? Not sure of any thing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sobiloff

Reaction score
Interesting thought there. Tow mode also aggressively downshifts when you slow down with the brakes.

Wondering if there are any downsides to just driving around with tow mode engaged for long periods.

I've used tow mode a bunch in my F-250 when traffic gets busy because the transmission responds so much better. I've got 65K miles on that truck now and haven't noticed any issues nor a drop in gas mileage.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was contacted about two months ago by a friend at Ford Performance. Said their chief programmer was looking for someone to do testing on their tune and he suggested me for my racing/mechanical/dealership backround. He gave me contact info and said don't be alarmed if you don't hear back quickly from him. Well I never heard back. So I'm assuming they found someone else.

I'm anxious for this tune since it will retain the factory warranty. If I do a tune that will be the one.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was contacted about two months ago by a friend at Ford Performance. Said their chief programmer was looking for someone to do testing on their tune and he suggested me for my racing/mechanical/dealership backround. He gave me contact info and said don't be alarmed if you don't hear back quickly from him. Well I never heard back. So I'm assuming they found someone else.

I'm anxious for this tune since it will retain the factory warranty. If I do a tune that will be the one.

Does anyone know if an aftermarket (non Ford) extended warranty is purchased, if a FP tuned truck would be covered?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Does anyone know if an aftermarket (non Ford) extended warranty is purchased, if a FP tuned truck would be covered?

It would all depend on the terms of the contract, coverage, nature of the failure and how hard of a negotiator are you.

I’ve had an aftermarket (allstate) extended warranty once and will never do it again. It was on a 97 Mustang Cobra, I had a few suspension mods, air box and filter - that was it. I had some kind of issue; started one morning and the idle was a little rough. It wasn’t terrible, but, low rpm power was not brilliant. I went to local dealer, and they were head scratching. tried another and the same. Finally went to a local Mustang shop and they agreed to tear in and see what was what. Turns out they were just as clueless. Eventually, about 50 or so days in, they identified a failed cam chain tensioner.

Allstate sent a warranty denier to inspect the car and, of course, denied reimbursement for “use of aftermarket parts”. Only that’s not what the policy said as an exclusion, the policy said use of an aftermarket part in relation to the failure, and the mechanic was very clear, none of my non-factory parts had anything to do with the failure. 1 more week on appeal, denied again. I went to my agent, as this looked pretty obvious to me, and he agreed. He called and lobbied my cause - his words- “I told them that the policy clearly covered this failure and you (corporate) will lose in court, pay the claim”. I wasn’t on the call but I did get a call from the corporate policy denial department, and they offered most of the money, I declined and said this is a covered repair, don’t make me go to court or the repair gets more costly for you.

It was just like buying a car from a very slimy salesman. He comes back and says we will cover all but the tow. So they did eventually cover all but tow + deductible, but it was a dogfight.

If you have a tune on the computer and lunch either an engine, trans or related hard part, if they become cognizant of the tune, they will deny by default and fight you. I don’t think an aftermarket warranty will cover Ford’s tune, but you will have to check.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score

As smurfslayer said it all depends on the terms of the contract. I would venture to guess that just about all ESP's now carry terminology in the contract that voids coverage for most or all modifications.

I've been in the car business over 30 years and have seen dramatic changes in how warranties coverage is handled both factory and aftermarket.

We got stung for a GT500 motor that we covered under warranty and once returned Ford denied the claim.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a couple months turned into 6 by the way its looking. Has anyone heard anything else about the FP tune? I'm hoping it will help with normal mode shifting parameters. I like sport mode but it revs the gears out a little much for every day driving, however normal mode shifts thru 8 gears at 25MPH if you are barely pushing throttle.

I 100% agree!!!!! I would love something similar to tow mode (I do not want it to skip 2nd and 4th) without the engine breaking!!!!!!!