True Rock Sliders? Different shaped G2 frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

During and after my Moab trek I have concluded that the steps on the G2 just get in the way! The low hanging brackets kept hitting rocks while tackling the Top of the world trail and offer no protection.

I have been looking for a replacement that offers the convenience of getting in and out along with real slider protection. The problem with the ones that have been recommended in the forum is they do not bolt on to the frame, they bolt on to the aluminum body panels.

My research has found that smittybuilt makes the perfect slider for the 2017 f150 that would fit my needs. However, when I contacted them via email they responded that it will not fit the 2017 Raptor. They did not explain why. (wondering if some secretary just responded not knowing the Raptor is an f150)?

I know that the G2 Raptor has an upgraded stronger frame, but is it really that different? Does anyone have a 2017 F150 to compare the mounting area? I am thinking of ordering this anyway and attempt to install. I’m just concerned that the mods to make it fit maybe too big and not worth it.
The following are links to the product:

https://www.realtruck.com/smittybilt-m1-series-sliders/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I36cj8WL7nQ

OP
OP
S

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have real rock sliders

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Thanks,

Send me the link to one. Also take a look at the install instructions before you do because they do call a few "sliders" but they mount at the same location as the stock steps using the same 6 small screws on the aluminum panel.

I actually do overlanding, I have been doing it for 10 years with my H3. There is a specific use for sliders, I am planning a return to Moab with my overlanding club and when you road with mostly jeeps and landrovers you have to expect rock crawling. If Addictive Design can give me a guarantee that these "sliders" can hold the weight of the truck when sitting on a rock or when using it as a lift point for my high lift than I'll buy it.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,

During and after my Moab trek I have concluded that the steps on the G2 just get in the way! The low hanging brackets kept hitting rocks while tackling the Top of the world trail and offer no protection.

I have been looking for a replacement that offers the convenience of getting in and out along with real slider protection. The problem with the ones that have been recommended in the forum is they do not bolt on to the frame, they bolt on to the aluminum body panels.

My research has found that smittybuilt makes the perfect slider for the 2017 f150 that would fit my needs. However, when I contacted them via email they responded that it will not fit the 2017 Raptor. They did not explain why. (wondering if some secretary just responded not knowing the Raptor is an f150)?

I know that the G2 Raptor has an upgraded stronger frame, but is it really that different? Does anyone have a 2017 F150 to compare the mounting area? I am thinking of ordering this anyway and attempt to install. I’m just concerned that the mods to make it fit maybe too big and not worth it.
The following are links to the product:

https://www.realtruck.com/smittybilt-m1-series-sliders/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I36cj8WL7nQ

Off topic, did you try Hell's Revenge in the Raptor? Took a stock F-150 on it last year and there was a good amount of scraping.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Off topic, did you try Hell's Revenge in the Raptor? Took a stock F-150 on it last year and there was a good amount of scraping.

More Off-topic :)

We took 4 Raptor's to Moab in 2016. (2) SCAB's and (2) SCREW's. The SCAB's did slightly better with scrapes and we all did the bypass routes on Hell's Revenge.

At the end of the day no major damage. I had a few scratches from my rear bumper pushing upwards. With my dovetail and new bumper that probably wouldn't be an issue if I went again.

Crew.jpg

Flex1.jpg

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks,

Send me the link to one. Also take a look at the install instructions before you do because they do call a few "sliders" but they mount at the same location as the stock steps using the same 6 small screws on the aluminum panel

Maybe I'm missing something but he helps you out and you tell him to (1) send you a link and (2) take a look at the install instructions?!

Why don't YOU do that and let us know what YOU find?!

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

And those "Shittybuilt" rock sliders are similar to those made by numerous other companies. If you know what you want just find a fabricator who does this kind of work and have them do it for you. Maybe they'll give you a discount as you'll help them get making products for Raptors.

OP
OP
S

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but he helps you out and you tell him to (1) send you a link and (2) take a look at the install instructions?!

Why don't YOU do that and let us know what YOU find?!

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

And those "Shittybuilt" rock sliders are similar to those made by numerous other companies. If you know what you want just find a fabricator who does this kind of work and have them do it for you. Maybe they'll give you a discount as you'll help them get making products for Raptors.

Yeah, your missing something......I did look into what he is claiming and I did review the install instructions, but when I responded to him and explained to him that the product he was suggesting does not fit my needs and requirements he again insisted that the product does. So I searched again and in fact it does not. I only asked him to send me the link because maybe he is finding something I cannot. I do appreciate his help and advice, but I'm not finding the product he is suggesting.

Also, I did talk to fabricators. Unfortunately, the first fabricated part would cost more than logical and would only go down in price after mass production. Also, it would take longer. I was told that it may be best to order that part and it will be easier to mod it to fit the Raptor.

I'll keep you guys informed :)