Truck throwing warnings.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my truck all the sudden throwing tons of warnings today, from hill decent to abs to collision and parking issues all at once.

WTF could be going on?

I had a 40" bumper light bar installed along with exhaust and front suspension perch picked up truck last night. I drove the truck maybe 120 miles with multiple start and stops with no issues.

Got in my truck and all those warning lights went off. Is it something the installer coulda done or is this coincidence?

Not sure what to do letting truck sit for a bit then I'll re start.

Ideas or suggestions?

OP
OP
M

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if the installer could have done anything or is this just good ol random luck.

I drove the truck 120 miles then these lights all came on.

I just dont want to take to Ford and hear anything about mods voiding warranty BS

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
I think your installer nicked some wires or didn’t correctly integrate something. Ford will figure it out, and probably make you pay... then you have to fight installer.

OP
OP
M

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the ABS wires were damaged during your suspension install.

Yup you hit it on the head as soon as I told him what was going on I brought it back and he fixed it. Wasted 2 hours of my day though at his shop and scared me but oh well all good now.

Thanks guys

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it's a known issue... dang, popping up quite a bit lately!

SSM 46139 - 2015/2016 -F-150 - Intermittent Loss Of Throttle Response - Multiple Warning Indicators And/Or Multiple Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)
Some 2015-2016 F-150 vehicles may experience intermittent loss of throttle pedal response, illuminated wrench, hill descent, airbag, anti-lock brake system (ABS) and/or advanced trac warning indicators and/or P2122, P2123, P2124, P2125, P2127, P2128 and/or P2138 DTCs. This may be caused by the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 14A005 harness being improperly routed behind the brake booster to brake pedal bracket. If the harness is improperly routed, loosen the bracket to free the harness. Inspect and repair damaged circuits before properly routing the harness. If the harness is properly routed, proceed with normal diagnostics in the Workshop Manual (WSM).

SSM 46667
- 2015-2017 F-150- Intermittent Lack Of Steering Assist - Multiple Illuminated Warning Indicator Lamps
Some 2015-2017 F-150 vehicles may exhibit multiple illuminated warning indicators and an intermittent lack of steering assist. Prior to performing any diagnosis or repair, visually inspect the 3C221 wire harness near the air compressor pulley for possible damage.

SSM 45421 - 2015 F-150 - MS-CAN Network Concerns - Built On/Or Before 6/26/2015
Some 2015 F-150 vehicles equipped with Multi-Contoured seats may exhibit various intermittent MS-CAN network related symptoms such as Blind Spot Indicator System (BLIS), Cross Traffic Alert (CTA), Rear Park Assist (RPA) warning indicators being illuminated and/or intermittent operation of the A/C and/or Power Running Boards (PRB). Inspect the Multi-Contoured Seat Module (SCMG) wiring harness for chafes or shorts due to contact with the drivers and/or passenger seat backrest frame. Repair or replace the wiring harness as needed, following normal Wiring and Workshop Manual procedures. If needed, the wiring harness retainer clips can be relocated on the seat frame to prevent excessive wiring harness movement and chafing.

22814072_10156926269093298_6535142740551520818_n.jpg

Last edited: