GEN 2 Truck shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend shipping company that they have had experience with?. Need to ship a truck East coast to West coast. I know a bunch of you guys have done this. Any tips or suggestions and what to look out for would be appreciated

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend shipping company that they have had experience with?. Need to ship a truck East coast to West coast. I know a bunch of you guys have done this. Any tips or suggestions and what to look out for would be appreciated

Don't go to the websites that promises the best rates. You will get endless spam and they are all brokers, and mostly terrible.

Where in the west coast? And where from the east coast?

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/shipping-question-53792/#post1129516

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try uship.com. They will quote you, then you can work out a private deal with the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uship

Update to shipping. Do not use Uship. They are a Broker. What they do is sublet the job to another Broker. So youve got 2 Brokers taking a large percentage of the money right off the top. This leaves no money for poor truck driver. Learned the hard way after my truck sat for a week with no drivers willing to pick it up for the price they offered on trucker boards. Anyways problem solved fired them and moved on. Hired a company called Ace Connect Auto shipping Inc. Truck was picked up in a couple of days. Driver makes good money everyone happy. Hope this information saves someone some hassle.

Last edited:

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to shipping. Do not use Uship. They are a Broker. What they do is sublet the job to another Broker. So youve got 2 Brokers taking a large percentage of the money right off the top. This leaves no money for poor truck driver. Learned the hard way affer my truck sat for a week with no drivers willing to pick it up for the price they offered on trucker boards. Anyways problem solved fired them and moved on. Hired a company called Ace Connect Auto shipping Inc. Truck was picked up in a couple of days. Driver makes good money everyone happy. Hope this information saves someone some hassle.

Uship takes 8% according driver that dropped mine off.

OP
OP
T

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uship takes 8% according driver that dropped mine off.

UShip took the deal at $1353.99 then sublet the deal to another Broker Montway shipping. They only offered the truck driver $1000.00, Thus holding my Truck hostage till some poor Truck driver would accept this price. No truck driver was willing to take their slim offer. After a week of waiting I said enough was enough and fired them. That would be closer to 26% not 8%. Your experience could of been better, and I appreciate you trying to help. Also these bastards are refusing to refund all of my money. I will address this with my credit card company. They promised the truck would be picked up in 5 days. Which it wasnt. They tied my truck up for a week and did not get the job done! Just letting others know my experience thats all, in case they need to have thier truck shipped

Last edited:

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UShip takes a % from Montway (broker) who then listed the job on a Load Board at the $1000 price. You get charged twice, basically. The only drivers who would take a cheap load is if they already got a truck going to the same destination and they have an open spot.

The drivers then treat your vehicle as a low priority load, and since they made so little money on it, they will cut corners and drop off at odd hours, unload and reload your vehicle with little care, etc because they are going to get paid regardless. At drop off, if you don't pay, they don't release your vehicle. You have to get resolution for any damages from your broker... who won't remember you.

I learned a lot when I shipped my truck, to never use brokers, and just pay a little more. I had my trucked shipped from WV to CA, picked up on Thurs morning, I was driving it by Sat afternoon, it was a top load, and the drivers showed up at the exact location at the time we agreed on.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only trouble is most of the reputable companies can't ship the Raptor due to it's width....I've shipped roughly 8 vehicles over the last 10 years and Reliable and Intercity have been the best.....neither can ship the Raptor enclosed.....when I was researching trucks only one I found that seemed legit was Alpine Transport.....

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a great experience with Premier Transporting. Single owner. He lives in AZ, picked up my truck in NM, delivered to SoCal for under $500. I was happy.

OP
OP
T

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Shipper was Great. Cost was never a issue. I paid a little bit more and they offered the Trucker $1400.00 and was picked up quickly by a Husband and wife team. It was put on best spot on the truck, should see it by Wednesday or Thursday

Attachments

• IMG_2405.jpg
    IMG_2405.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 51