GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to FP via chat and my build date has moved up to Jan 29th. I have CF but no beadlocks. I'm assuming around 3 weeks after the build date is when I will see it.

Same build date SCAB BL CF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Driver

Reaction score
All of us Dec 20th orders should keep each other up-to-date with the overall process. See who gets theirs first!
Ford came to my dealer last week but held back their allocation for Raptors until later in the month... Still hoping to get filled in Jan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
All of us Dec 20th orders should keep each other up-to-date with the overall process. See who gets theirs first!

Checked mine today and it is still Unscheduled/Clean. Dealer is hoping for the order to be picked up by the 2nd week of February but no guarantees.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Figured I'd jump in here...because I'm so damn excited. Ordered my Screw on 10/31/17. Dealer told me a couple weeks ago the truck would be built this month with a tentative delivery date of 2/12/18.

I now have a Window sticker with build date 1-18-18. So, looks like my truck is being built today.

Really hoping it makes it to the dealer soon! I have an airline ticket booked for Feb. 15th.

air00mike

Reaction score
Checked mine today and it is still Unscheduled/Clean. Dealer is hoping for the order to be picked up by the 2nd week of February but no guarantees.

Checked on my order today, same boat. Still sitting at Unscheculed/Clean. No ETA on when it may be picked up. I'll likely just check in with FP mid-Feb unless my dealer calls me beforehand.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've mentioned this in the intro thread but figure I would throw the dates in here as well.

Ordered: 11/18/17
Build: 2/15/18
Delivery: est 3/5 - 3/12 (from dealer)

is that delivery date range irrelevant until the truck actually gets picked up by the trucking company?

Driver

Reaction score
I've mentioned this in the intro thread but figure I would throw the dates in here as well.

is that delivery date range irrelevant until the truck actually gets picked up by the trucking company?
When did you get your VIN (order officially accepted)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score

is that delivery date range irrelevant until the truck actually gets picked up by the trucking company?[/QUOTE

Correct, that is only an estimated delivery date. The problem is when it comes to shipping Ford uses union transport companies (as one would expect) and the drivers can actually refuse a load if they don't want to take it. Drivers get to pick the loads they deliver based on how efficiently they can deliver it and get back to grab another load. If I was them I would do the same thing because that is how they make the most money. If your truck happens to be one that is assigned to a random load where the driver has to deliver to 5 or 6 stores to empty the trailer, you can rest assured it will be declined by any driver with seniority which means it could sit for a while. I ran into this issue a number of times where I had a sold unit sitting on a trailer and the ramp couldn't get a driver assigned to it. Even if the unit was marked "hot" it could sit for weeks waiting for a driver to agree to take the load. It can be very frustrating at times. Most times everything goes off without a hitch but if you ordered from a smaller dealer it can sometimes slow the delivery process down. I had a sold Expedition a few years back that ended up on a load that required 7 stops to empty the trailer. When it was finally on the ground at the dealership it had sat on that trailer in the yard for over 6 weeks waiting to be delivered and was nearly 2 months later than initial eta.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score

is that delivery date range irrelevant until the truck actually gets picked up by the trucking company?[/QUOTE

Correct, that is only an estimated delivery date. The problem is when it comes to shipping Ford uses union transport companies (as one would expect) and the drivers can actually refuse a load if they don't want to take it. Drivers get to pick the loads they deliver based on how efficiently they can deliver it and get back to grab another load. If I was them I would do the same thing because that is how they make the most money. If your truck happens to be one that is assigned to a random load where the driver has to deliver to 5 or 6 stores to empty the trailer, you can rest assured it will be declined by any driver with seniority which means it could sit for a while. I ran into this issue a number of times where I had a sold unit sitting on a trailer and the ramp couldn't get a driver assigned to it. Even if the unit was marked "hot" it could sit for weeks waiting for a driver to agree to take the load. It can be very frustrating at times. Most times everything goes off without a hitch but if you ordered from a smaller dealer it can sometimes slow the delivery process down. I had a sold Expedition a few years back that ended up on a load that required 7 stops to empty the trailer. When it was finally on the ground at the dealership it had sat on that trailer in the yard for over 6 weeks waiting to be delivered and was nearly 2 months later than initial eta.

oh wow crazy! that is good to know and frustrating at the same time. i hope all goes well with my order.