GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just sharing my experience. Also ford service on Facebook still has no info on my order lol

I know, and we all need to hear the good news, so keep it coming!!

And yes, Ford Service on Facebook seems to be the most information starved of any entity claiming to benefit Ford and its constituents.

Kieth

Reaction score
Tracking your raptor and updates

The forum article below tells you about tracking your order. It is very good. I have not seen it posted in this thread in a few pages so though I would post it

I will say the palsapp link does not seem to give any good info, about shipping. I got my info on that from my dealer; mine shipped out about 7 - 10 days after production.

My dealer also said that Raptors seem to be coming in about 5 days earlier than the dates given at production time.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/tracking-your-new-order-%96-step-step-faqs-51142/

Bobbymac

Reaction score
I ordered my raptor on 01/23/17. I have been calling the dealership for a while and they kept telling me it was going to be a while until i got a vin/ build date. Last week they told me ford took back the allocation that was suppose to go to me and I am now going to have to wait until the first 2018 allocation or if they get back a 2017 allocation. I think the dealership just sold it to someone who was paying more.... either way that is ridiculous.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my raptor on 01/23/17. I have been calling the dealership for a while and they kept telling me it was going to be a while until i got a vin/ build date. Last week they told me ford took back the allocation that was suppose to go to me and I am now going to have to wait until the first 2018 allocation or if they get back a 2017 allocation. I think the dealership just sold it to someone who was paying more.... either way that is ridiculous.

Did you ever get confirmation that the order was at least put into the system from a source outside the dealer? Sucks either way.

Bobbymac

Reaction score
Did you ever get confirmation that the order was at least put into the system from a source outside the dealer? Sucks either way.

No i did not.... that was stupid of me. I am going to email ford and see if my order is in the system. The dealership told me my order is in the system and i got a order code and a dealer code, but i doubt that means anything. thx

Bobbymac

Reaction score
No i did not.... that was stupid of me. I am going to email ford and see if my order is in the system. The dealership told me my order is in the system and i got a order code and a dealer code, but i doubt that means anything. thx

Ford said my order is in their system and is awaiting scheduling action. So maybe they were telling the truth and ford took back some of the allocations they gave out for now?

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer can put the order in even without an allocation. I would continue to track it through other means than the dealer to see if it does get built. If it does and the dealer still says they lack the allocation then...you got screwed. Did they refund your deposit?

Edit: Just talked to someone...Ford doesn't take away allocations once given. So it seems your dealer got more money for that allocation. Was it an MSRP deal? It's in the system and will be built, just sold to someone else.

Last edited:

Bobbymac

Reaction score
The dealer can put the order in even without an allocation. I would continue to track it through other means than the dealer to see if it does get built. If it does and the dealer still says they lack the allocation then...you got screwed. Did they refund your deposit?

Edit: Just talked to someone...Ford doesn't take away allocations once given. So it seems your dealer got more money for that allocation. Was it an MSRP deal? It's in the system and will be built, just sold to someone else.

Wow! That is really interesting and disappointing. Yes it was for MSRP and it was their last allocation i believe. They told me I could get my deposit back or wait and get the next allocation they receive. Even if it's a 2018 allocation. I am going to try to call them out on it and ask for a better deal. Any Idea when the 2018 allocations will start to be handed out? Will they come out with the regular f150s or same time as this years model raptors.

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It appears that AAFES isn't what it used to be.

"With the new release and they took them off the market for and reintroduced it, your hometown dealer will not be able to get you a slot to build one of these.
They were also never limited production which they are now.

No worries Sir, please let me know if you change your mind on the lottery and I will enter you in."