Truck died. Gen2.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What the ****.

I went to the exhaust place to get the SPDs installed, was waiting outside as they were closed... So I get in the truck, start it and it keeps turning over. Weird. So I try again same thing this time it flashes errors. I go to reset it by opening the door, arming alarm, disarming etc... Finally it starts. It's sluggish as hell, hesitating, and it has a Terrain Management Error.

No idea what caused it but I drove it at slow speeds all the way to the dealer. Turbos were disengaged I guess since the check engine light remained on.

WTF WTF WTF.

I can only imagine what would have happened if this occurred after I left the shop! I would have blamed them.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably just a software thing. The last Gen had a couple code bugs as well.

I'm sure it's nothing big.

Edit: I wonder if disconnecting the battery for a bit would have had any impact. I did it for the 'hill descent control fault' like 30k miles ago. No issues since.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I'd hope so. When I went to the dealer it started fine. Then I left the truck came back and tried again and it just turned over. I think it's a bigger issue. I hope it has nothing to do with the Boostmax or PedalMax.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd hope so. When I went to the dealer it started fine. Then I left the truck came back and tried again and it just turned over. I think it's a bigger issue. I hope it has nothing to do with the Boostmax or PedalMax.

Try uninstalling them....

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the problems bullishone. Good luck and let us know the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like the issues others were having when the wiring harness was hitting the exhaust.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some post about the, I believe, ECU wiring harness not being completely secured and they are contacting the exhaust and melting. Do a search on this site, there are posted pics. Hope this helps, or at least eliminates this as the issue.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some post about the, I believe, ECU wiring harness not being completely secured and they are contacting the exhaust and melting. Do a search on this site, there are posted pics. Hope this helps, or at least eliminates this as the issue.

Huh most of us follow this forum like stink on shit. I haven't heard about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk