Transmission issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
Found a trans leak at 2k. Had it in shop last week and they changed the gasket. Drove it around 50 or so miles and all was good. On a road trip today and about 160 miles in it stared shifting hard from 10th to 7-8-9. I noticed that digital temp read 212-215. The analog gauge was centered. I stopped and ate for about 15 min. Back on road and it's under 200. Shifting fine. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Found a trans leak at 2k. Had it in shop last week and they changed the gasket. Drove it around 50 or so miles and all was good. On a road trip today and about 160 mile street in it stared shifting hard fro 10th to 7-8-9. I noticed that dig temp read 212-215. The analog gauge was centered. I stopped and ate fur anout 15 min. Back on road and it's under 200. Shifting fine. Any ideas?

Do you proof read what you type before you hit send?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
A few others here are having transmission problems. Do a quick search and you will find them.
Also, what is the build date of your truck?

OP
OP
P

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
A few others here are having transmission problems. Do a quick search and you will find them.
Also, what is the build date of your truck?

Oct 18. Anyone advise normal temp range on trans. It in the 230s now and shifting bad again. Stopped for a few. Re started and the temp showed 217. Once I got rolling it dropped down to under 200 and acted right again ????help

Last edited:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Oct 18. Anyone advise normal temp range on trans. It in the 230s now and shifting bad again. Stopped for a few. Re started and the temp showed 217. Once I got rolling it dropped down to under 200 and acted right again ????help

This is most likely your problem - your build date was when the trucks were quarantined for transmission build problems. Seems like all transmission failures are around that build timeframe.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a 10/27 build with no issues what's so ever. 4500 plus miles. May I ask if you where having issues before they fixed the leak? Just in case you are worried about it being a October build the issues was with the programming. The trucks got a reflash of the program do to questions from the press driving them and asking about the shifting. If I may also ask, how many miles did your truck have when you bought it? Take anything Sasquatach77 says with a grain of salt, he does not own a Gen 2 Raptor and he hell hates a Our trucks, just saying.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found a trans leak at 2k. Had it in shop last week and they changed the gasket. Drove it around 50 or so miles and all was good. On a road trip today and about 160 miles in it stared shifting hard from 10th to 7-8-9. I noticed that digital temp read 212-215. The analog gauge was centered. I stopped and ate for about 15 min. Back on road and it's under 200. Shifting fine. Any ideas?

I do have an idea.

Why not take your WARRANTIED truck to the dealer to have it looked at.

And in case you don't want to do that for some stupid reason, then follow the advice of Sasquatch and drill a hole into your intercooler.