GEN 2 Transmission gear on the instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BUraptor

Reaction score
I have watched several 2017 Ford Raptor videos and have noticed that the transmission gear is displayed on the left side of the instrument cluster. My 2017 Raptor does not show the transmission gear. Does my truck have a defect? I have tried flipping through different displays.

Thanks!

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why, but it randomly goes away in some instances. Pressing one of the shifter buttons/paddles makes it return.

robbcwz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recall

There is a limited recall on the dash info center to correct this issue on early Raptors. Recall 17C01 according to the FB Raptor page.

Last edited:

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a limited recall on the dash info center to correct this issue on early Raptors. Recall 17C01 according to the FB Raptor page.

Great info. Mine was built Feb 2nd so it's not included in this recall. OP maybe check if your truck is affected.

TxRR

Reaction score
I just started a thread on this if you keep reading. On mine you have to put the truck in "Drive" then hit the + on the paddle for the light to come back.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a little hunch on why sometimes it comes back when changing from M to D, and I think it has to do with what gear you are in. Whenever I was in a low gear on M, and switched to D, the display always stayed on. If I was ever in 10th in M, and switched to D, the display would turn off.

As previously mentioned, just hitting the + on the paddle OR gear shift resolves the issue.