transmission filter and fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunnersguru

Reaction score
holy crap my pants : so being the ocd that I am , an ounce of prevention / pound of cure .... I took my new 2017 raptor in to the dealer that i ordered it from with 1040miles for the first oil change and tire rotation , being the ocd and all , and all the reports of 10r80 troubles , i was to have the trans flushed / filtered and full . but their flush machines were broke down? ok so i say just new filter and fluid only. I'm not going to be the g-pig here . right? so i get it back and it shifts hard / odd / crazy . but after-hours drove to work ( night shift ) downshifts were jeirky 4/5 and 9/10 up were hard . temp was at 233 max . so after an overnight shift cool- down and 100miles its ok now . temp was 188 max after two hours start stop /city but being slow / old timers with it .... so my thought was after an atf change let it all warm up and flow before any hard driving. sluggo out

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why didnt you change the brake fluid and radiator coolant while it was in the shop???

Cant be too careful on fluids.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They probably used lv fluid in your trans not ulv

holy crap my pants : so being the ocd that I am , an ounce of prevention / pound of cure .... I took my new 2017 raptor in to the dealer that i ordered it from with 1040miles for the first oil change and tire rotation , being the ocd and all , and all the reports of 10r80 troubles , i was to have the trans flushed / filtered and full . but their flush machines were broke down? ok so i say just new filter and fluid only. I'm not going to be the g-pig here . right? so i get it back and it shifts hard / odd / crazy . but after-hours drove to work ( night shift ) downshifts were jeirky 4/5 and 9/10 up were hard . temp was at 233 max . so after an overnight shift cool- down and 100miles its ok now . temp was 188 max after two hours start stop /city but being slow / old timers with it .... so my thought was after an atf change let it all warm up and flow before any hard driving. sluggo out

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Can you tell me what screen gives you digital transmission temp?