Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Hope you get an update today and it is a simple fix.

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got impatient and called the dealer for an update. They are still currently working on it. The only info I was able to get out of them at this point is that yesterday they reset all the shift points, but after a couple of miles it went back to no longer shifting in any mode except manual.

Sounds like they plan on having it for a bit as he offered me a vehicle to use. I asked that he calls me more frequently with updates, good or bad.

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're probably the first shop or nearly the first to work on this transmission.

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He did also say that the transmission is so new that they don't have a base of history on what exactly to look for. Sounds like they will need to troubleshoot point by point.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, you aren't the only with a transmission issue. The dealership in Oregon where I purchased my truck is waiting on parts to replace a bad solenoid that they discovered during the PDI. Meanwhile, I'm trying to arrange for shipping to Alaska but don't quite know when the truck will be ready to be picked up.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, you aren't the only with a transmission issue. The dealership in Oregon where I purchased my truck is waiting on parts to replace a bad solenoid that they discovered during the PDI. Meanwhile, I'm trying to arrange for shipping to Alaska but don't quite know when the truck will be ready to be picked up.

What dealer in Oregon is it? Maybe @u0104940 can have his dealer chat with them...

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought this was the same transmission used in the 2017 Camaro and Corvette. Have there been problems with them?

Not in the corvette and the transmission was designed in conjunction with GM. Probably not enough info to say that they are the same transmission using the exact same parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk