Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No argument that the gen 1 Raptors are vastly more reliable than the gen 2 Raptors.

Except, you’re statistically wrong. I can easily go dig up tons of bad reports on the Gen 1 forums here, as can anyone else. Even if you had a statistical case to make, you don’t even have a purpose here, other than to shit on every 2017 owner’s choice to be here, and to delight when someone with a 2017 or newer Raptor has a problem.

FRF would seriously be better off without you. I really do not say that lightly, but you simply hover over the Gen2 forums with no other purpose.

Do you actually contribute positive information, knowledge about mods or off road stuff? Do you even own a Raptor? Actually, I really don’t care.

Just go away. And, a pox be upon you and your house.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, so just an update on my awesome Raptor. My tranny issue was fixed, but I got to a whole 1,000 miles before my turbo took a crap. Sweet ride. Sasquatch will probably like this post!!!! Will let you know what the dealer has to say through this process. Problem is I sold my 2011 Raptor for 38K after the tranny fix. No spare vehicle at this point.

Sucks to hear your bad luck. What symptoms did your truck show indicating a crapped snail?

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, so just an update on my awesome Raptor. My tranny issue was fixed, but I got to a whole 1,000 miles before my turbo took a crap. Sweet ride. Sasquatch will probably like this post!!!! Will let you know what the dealer has to say through this process. Problem is I sold my 2011 Raptor for 38K after the tranny fix. No spare vehicle at this point.

What happened when the turbo died? How did you know?

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks to hear your bad luck. What symptoms did your truck show indicating a crapped snail?

As I was leaving work and pulled out into the street I felt a loss of power (turbo boost), immediately received a check engine light and wrench on the display. Pulled over, checked my Ford Pass app and it confirmed an issue, but it also stated it should still be okay to drive at a conservative rate. My dealer is less than a mile from my work so I just drove straight there and dropped it off. I should hear something back today and I'll post another update.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
well, that’s more encouraging than first thought.

good luck, I hope you’re back on the road soon.