Transmission Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a good day for me and my 2017 Raptor yesterday:

(Build date of 10/27).

Multiple malfunction indicators with the biggie being the transmission. Transmission refused to shift in any mode except manual.

Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power indicator due to All-Wheel Drive or Four-Wheel Drive system has detected a fault.

Malfunction Indicator Lamp-Regulatory. The engine has detected a misfire fault.

The only positive was my Ford-Pass app giving much more information than what the display says. It also stated that the truck should still be drivable. Not being too far from a dealer, I drove the truck in manual mode and made it without incident.

I will post updates as I receive them from Ford. Back to driving the trusty 2011 Raptor for now.

Last edited:

kenramp

Reaction score
Sounds like sensor, keep us posted!
Had a similar problem in my 2008 F250 Diesel a month after I bought it. Simple fix, no problems in the last 9 years.

Good luck!

OP
OP
u0104940

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping this is the case in regards to the sensor, something simple. I should hear something back from the dealer today.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, Dealer couldn't find anything cleared codes and said if it happens again come back........

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Misfire is definitely concerning.... only reason for it is condensate blowing out spark which has been par for the course since 2011. Investigate the weep hole in the intercooler.... could save you future heartache in that respect.