Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mkarban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the gear indicator display next to tach doesn't work anymore. Can't see which gear I'm in despite which mode I'm in. Transmission seems fine though. Anyone else have this problem?

Turgenius

Reaction score
Sorry if this is obvious and you already tried but hit the thumb key on the shifter and it should come back on.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IIRC to get it back in the Gen 1 you had to press either the +/-(Paddle shifters for Gen2?) to see it again. See if that brings it back?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I tripped over this too.

This is not a feature and cannot be working as designed - I was unaware the G1 Raptors had this as well. Any idea what this disappearing gear indicator is supposed to accomplish?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Exactly. If you’re using the paddles or shift lever to either swap gears or limit gear range, wouldn’t the display be kind of important?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. If you’re using the paddles or shift lever to either swap gears or limit gear range, wouldn’t the display be kind of important?

The display comes back when manually shifting gears on mine. Is yours out all the time?

nukemustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tripped over this too.

This is not a feature and cannot be working as designed - I was unaware the G1 Raptors had this as well. Any idea what this disappearing gear indicator is supposed to accomplish?

I dont think it is a Raptor specific thing, but my Gen 1 was the same, it helped when I was towing the boat in hilly areas and it wanted to upshift all the time.

Yes, with it displaying all 10 gears, if you use the (-) you can lock out the upper gears, so if you want to preventing from upshifting to 9th, or 10th, just push (-) (-) and it will shift normally from 1st through 8th.

More info in the "Raptor supplement booklet" on page 10

Tim