transfer case leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UUUUGGGG just creating a tread with similar problem; first guy says it will take 2 days to look at it. I said no get me another guy; I hope its not to bad.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

how did you get a loaner? still no response from my dealership but if its an extended time period I need a loaner

I didn't even have to ask. It was waiting for me as my Raptor was being towed into their service department. It had already been at their dealership once and another prior to this admission. I would have gone nuclear if they were not willing to help me.

Good luck!

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never updated, but I was without my truck from Monday until Thursday, but I got a loaner Expedition* and haven't had a problem since. My ticking noise is gone too, no idea what that was.

*I didn't get one the first day because they were plum out of vehicles. They gave me a ride back to my house, then booked a vehicle through Enterprise for me the next day.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my diagnosis is the transmission pan from the recall; ordered a new pan and should be done today. Just the whole way it was handled was a mess. will report back when I pick up my truck

randallmora

Reaction score
I was cuz control driving down the US 395 out of Lee Vining, CA (i.e., Mammoth Lakes) on my return Thanksgiving trip to Reno when the vehicle went into neutral. I was able to move it off the highway after shifting into 4W low. The ford dealer showed me the damage and it was significant. Broken parts and many metal shavings. The mechanic mentioned that the oil may have stopped and everything came apart. I'm waiting on a new transfer case, but this type of failure is scary. I expect the Raptor to be solid as a rock. All highway miles on a 2017 Raptor with 20K miles.