transfer case leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Reaction score
Sucks reading stuff like this but I think most (and hopefully all) should have known the risk when the ink was put to paper on a new platform.

A new transmission is the best solution. 40 days is unacceptable though.

OP
OP
N

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me two weeks to get into dealer and now two more weeks to get parts guess i dont have to worry about putting alot of miles on it needs a new colar and seal.

OP
OP
N

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is finally fixed took two weeks just to get the seal they had to remove the transfer case to fix it got home and no skid plate under it they forgot to put it back on these dealers are so incompatent 4th time at the dealer with something not done right they suck

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Truck is finally fixed took two weeks just to get the seal they had to remove the transfer case to fix it got home and no skid plate under it they forgot to put it back on these dealers are so incompatent 4th time at the dealer with something not done right they suck

I had a dealer do that with my old Outback, left the entire “undercarriage protection” assembly off. I won’t call what the Outback has ‘skid plates’. Of course, they d***ed around all day on the work and called me 20 minutes before they leave ‘hey, your car’s ready’. So nobody to do anything about it until the next day ! stinkers.

you should definitely complain about that. if they left off skid plates, I’d make them put it on the lift and verify --everything-- implicated in whatever work you had done (in case you had other stuff done at the same time ).

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my truck in tomorrow for a transfer case leak. Hopefully I don't have to deal with the same headaches from my dealership.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UUUUGGGG just creating a tread with similar problem; first guy says it will take 2 days to look at it. I said no get me another guy; I hope its not to bad.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

They gave me a brand new 2018 Ford F-150 King Ranch until mine was complete.

how did you get a loaner? still no response from my dealership but if its an extended time period I need a loaner