Trailer Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid post but........

Was there a harness/adapter supplied with the truck or is that something you have to purchase separately?

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would need an adapter for a boat trailer with trailer brakes so it's not riding the brakes when you're backing up. This is a Flat 5 connector. Other than that, you shouldn't need an adapter, unless your towing a odd trailer

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would need an adapter for a boat trailer with trailer brakes so it's not riding the brakes when you're backing up. This is a Flat 5 connector. Other than that, you shouldn't need an adapter, unless your towing a odd trailer

That was my question; I wasn't clear. Boat trailer with trailer brakes is what I am doing.

So I assume I just find one aftermarket and it was not provided with the truck?

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was my question; I wasn't clear. Boat trailer with trailer brakes is what I am doing.

So I assume I just find one aftermarket and it was not provided with the truck?

Correct, I eliminated the 4 pin connection on my previous truck as I was replacing the connectors and wiring. Picked up a 7 way to 4 and 5 flat from Walmart. Hasn't let me down once!

OP
OP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, I eliminated the 4 pin connection on my previous truck as I was replacing the connectors and wiring. Picked up a 7 way to 4 and 5 flat from Walmart. Hasn't let me down once!

thx