GEN 2 Trade in year to year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landrum

Reaction score
Had a salesman tell me that a wealthy gentleman in the area traded his new raptor in every year for the latest model with the exact same specs. Always went through the same dealership.

All he paid out of pocket was $3,000. Does that sound accurate?

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a salesman tell me that a wealthy gentleman in the area traded his new raptor in every year for the latest model with the exact same specs. Always went through the same dealership.

Read an article this morning on gen1 raptors holding their value. Sold on average for 101% MSRP after 3 years. Probably has a lot to do with location and availability of the truck as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
Read an article this morning on gen1 raptors holding their value. Sold on average for 101% MSRP after 3 years. Probably has a lot to do with location and availability of the truck as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Agree - the gen 1 value is really good.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score

There where a few members who did that with Gen 1s.
I bought my 2014 for $500 over invoice and sold it for more than MSRP 26k miles later. I had some mods but I didn't have a ton into it.

Rapterzz

Reaction score
I do that and works well for me. It helps that I am able to buy in a state with no tax and sell in another one with a huge demand for the raptor :)

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do that and works well for me. It helps that I am able to buy in a state with no tax and sell in another one with a huge demand for the raptor :)

I think its around $250 to regester a vehicle in South Carolina.

It cost me just over $2k to do a maryland regestration. I really hate this state.

My kid is in the Navy and did a Florida regestration via the mail for free. He was deployed on a ship and was able to do it sitting off a war zone, launching stuff.

Last edited:

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its around $250 to regester a vehicle in South Carolina.

It cost me just over $2k to do a maryland regestration. I really hate this state.

My kid is in the Navy and did a Florida regestration via the mail for free. He was deployed on a ship and was able to do it sitting off a war zone, launching stuff.

I feel your pain, just paid $5935 to register mine in CA (State sales tax and DMV fees) and my County sales tax (Ventura) is lower than some others... Oh, and even though all Raptors are 50 State Emissions compliant had to pony up another $100 bucks in weigh and smog fees....