Trade for 2014 Raptor and wait for 2018 or Keep My 2011?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is damn tough decision right now for me and have been debating for months!

Love my 2011 Black SCAB with 18" Method NV and BFG KO2 it only has 23k miles and is awesome.

Now here comes the however part! I have two kids and a dog and we travel 3 hours to my parents home where they live on some of the best lakes in wisconsin and I keep my 24' Yamaha 242LS there. Awesome boat btw.

I do not have a back up cam and I could use the extra space in the cabin for the girls and dog. Too tight back there for two little girs and a Weimaraner.

So do I trade for a low mile 2014 Raptor SCREW or Wait for the 2017 or even 2018 Raptor?

With the 14 I would gain cab room, hid headlights, NAV(dont really care about this) back up cam(nice for the boat)........

so a 14 would cost about 54K with less than 20k miles in my area, would even consider a roush if i could find one.

Think a 17 screw loaded will be $70K?

Thanks for the time and opinions guys and gals:)

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally? IMHO I would get the '14 and hold onto it for a few years. I would avoid buying a 1st model year of anything. I'm sure Ford has done it's research and the new 2nd Gen is based on a highly successful platform. But with the V6TT and the 10 speed transmission combo, I'm quietly waiting in the weeds to see how it all holds up.

The '14 will do fine pulling the boat, and the extra space of a screw truly is amazing. If the dealer is going to give you a good trade amount, then I would go for it. You won't get hurt on the deal, especially if you keep the '14 for a few years. Get them down on the price, though. $54k is a pretty stout number.

Good luck with you decision........

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats kinda what I was thinking, I love the 6.2L!

The dealership basically gives me top dollar for trade instead of dropping the price of the one they have for sale.

Think if they gave me $41-$42K for trade I should pull the trigger?

I owe 31k...

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats kinda what I was thinking, I love the 6.2L!

The dealership basically gives me top dollar for trade instead of dropping the price of the one they have for sale.

Think if they gave me $41-$42K for trade I should pull the trigger?

I owe 31k...

I agree with @2014RubyRed about staying away from the '17 until all the bugs are worked out and I think a fully loaded Screw will cost 65k or more.

I think most dealers will only offer you about $36k for your '11 Scab, but you should be able to get a '14 Screw for around $52k. No matter how you slice it, you're looking at about a $16k difference for the '14 and about double that if you hold out for the '17.

If you can get $15k or less difference on the '14, I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

Good luck and happy hunting!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AS long as you can get the numbers to work, I would get the 14 as well. Otherwise I would make the scab work for awhile longer.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, get the 14 Screw and wait until at least '18 model year. That is what I did, bought a '14 and will wait until at least '18. I love my '14 with the super charger, I may never sell it. :)

OP
OP
brettmess24

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saweet thanks guys, time to start wheelin and dealing I have three 14 Raptors to choose from.

All black (only color vehicle I buy)

1. Chrysler Jeep Dealer:
$50,499 asking 29k miles excellent shape 801pkg. roll up cover, spray in liner Offered me $35k Trade:(

2. Truck Dealer Where I bought my 2011
$54,499 15k miles again perfect shape,801pkg beadlock wheels, lund cover, spray in liner.

3. Same Truck Dealer
$53,491 24K miles SE package Red seat trim, spray in liner no cover.

They offering me $41k on trade....

So there all actually really close if I can get the first one down to say $48k but has the most miles......

I will be keeping my Method wheels for the new truck and really like my bakflip cover....

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saweet thanks guys, time to start wheelin and dealing I have three 14 Raptors to choose from.

1. Chrysler Jeep Dealer:
$50,499 asking 29k miles excellent shape 801pkg. roll up cover, spray in liner Offered me $35k Trade:(

$54,499 15k miles again perfect shape,801pkg beadlock wheels, lund cover, spray in liner.

3. Same Truck Dealer

So there all actually really close if I can get the first one down to say $48k but has the most miles......

I will be keeping my Method wheels for the new truck and really like my bakflip cover....

Option 2 or 3 seem like a no-brainer since they are over allowing on your trade in by $5-6k. I say go for it, but of course it's not my money. ;)

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score

1. Chrysler Jeep Dealer:

3. Same Truck Dealer

Get the SE. NOW!