Tracking your New Order – Step by Step / FAQs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I try to check on my order with Ford via Facebook messenger and the online chat they tell me I need a vin. I have the DORA but they say they can't track the order without a vin.

Anyone else have that problem?

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Via the online FP website chat I was able to check the status of my order. I do not have a VIN yet but I was unscheduled- clean, meaning the order has been uploaded in to the facory database and there are no holds. The way it was explained to me is that once a VIN is assigned you should get a build week and you can track via fb chat .

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I try to check on my order with Ford via Facebook messenger and the online chat they tell me I need a vin. I have the DORA but they say they can't track the order without a vin.

Anyone else have that problem?

With your order number, name, and dealer number, ford chat will confirm that they have the order. “Unscheduled clean” is the usual response. When the vehicle gets assigned a build week ford chat will give that to you (you have to keep contacting them until that happens). Your dealer will give you the vin number when one is assigned, ford chat will not give it to you. When ford chat tells you the build week get with your dealer, they should be able to give you the vin at that point.

Good luck, it’s worth the wait when you take delivery!

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your order number, name, and dealer number, ford chat will confirm that they have the order. “Unscheduled clean” is the usual response. When the vehicle gets assigned a build week ford chat will give that to you (you have to keep contacting them until that happens). Your dealer will give you the vin number when one is assigned, ford chat will not give it to you. When ford chat tells you the build week get with your dealer, they should be able to give you the vin at that point.

Good luck, it’s worth the wait when you take delivery!

Yeah I gave Ford Chat my name, the dealer number and order number but they said they couldn't do anything without a VIN.

I appreciate the info though, I'll try again and just ask them to verify the order.

Cant wait!

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 2018 Scab on 10/30/17. Last week my dealer gave me my VIN. I talked to Ford on facebook and gave them my VIN. They checked and said "In order processing". What does that mean? Should I keep checking back with them?

RAPTORZIN

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any one here have a long wait time on the shipping of their truck. Mine has been with the rail company for about two weeks and the delivery to the dealer is TBD right now. What is the normal wait time on these transports? I am in Houston if that makes a difference.

thepro8

Reaction score
How long from gettin vin to window sticker release and getting delivery updates from ford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Pretty excited. Ford Chat Rep just told me my truck is in transit to my dealer and scheduled to arrive on Feb. 5th!! Woot woot