Tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how accurate the TPMS is on the 18 Raptor? I checked my tire pressure (cold) with my gauge and set at 38. The on board TPMS shows 40 psi. Just thought I would see if anyone else has experienced this? I guess my gauge could be off a little, but I have a decent gauge and have set tire pressure in other vehicles and those TPMS seem to be inline with my tire gauge.

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how accurate the TPMS is on the 18 Raptor? I checked my tire pressure (cold) with my gauge and set at 38. The on board TPMS shows 40 psi. Just thought I would see if anyone else has experienced this? I guess my gauge could be off a little, but I have a decent gauge and have set tire pressure in other vehicles and those TPMS seem to be inline with my tire gauge.

Mine set at 37 with a gauge reads 39 on the dash.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm. i tested only hot so far with a digital meter and they were exact same. havent tested cold but will now to see

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine read exactly the same as my gauge, hot and/or cold. The tires gain pressure almost immediately when you drive off due to the heat. After adjusting pressure, you should do the relearn procedure with the OEM tool. It is quick, easy, and accurate. The tool is ~$40 from TireRack and works on all the Ford brand.

OP
OP
R

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine read exactly the same as my gauge, hot and/or cold. The tires gain pressure almost immediately when you drive off due to the heat. After adjusting pressure, you should do the relearn procedure with the OEM tool. It is quick, easy, and accurate. The tool is ~$40 from TireRack and works on all the Ford brand.

Cool, thanks for the information on tool.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got new wheels and tires but the shop that installed them didn’t have the proper tool to program the 18’s tpms at the time.

I went home and did some research and came across this tpms relearn procedure. Worked perfectly for me first try. I was shocked. Hopefully it’ll work for you guys too and save ya from having to buy another tool.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/...set-tpms-no-learning-tool.html#/topics/301692

I would suggest trying this before you spend your money [emoji1360]

My onboard display shows exactly what I have in my tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got new wheels and tires but the shop that installed them didn’t have the proper tool to program the 18’s tpms at the time.

I went home and did some research and came across this tpms relearn procedure. Worked perfectly for me first try. I was shocked. Hopefully it’ll work for you guys too and save ya from having to buy another tool.

How To: Reset TPMS with no learning tool - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

I would suggest trying this before you spend your money [emoji1360]

My onboard display shows exactly what I have in my tires.

Reminds me of Mortal combat and “finish him” moves...haha.

Thanks for the info.

DrewFish11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of Mortal combat and “finish him” moves...haha.

Thanks for the info.

Haha yeah I was a little hesitant at first but once you do it, it’s fairly easy. Definitely get something to remove the valve core if you do it this way, otherwise you’ll have to sit there depressing it manually. I just took it out and let it rip until I heard the confirmation honk