Towed for the first time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 15 foot open trailer with a couple of axles on it yesterday. I would guess around 700 for the trailer and the same for the axles. Pretty light, so it was like it wasn't even back there. Truck did great. I still got 16.2 mpg over the 200 miles coming back with it.

I know these aren't the best tow vehicles but they are still trucks.

OP
OP
foo.c

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it would go down towing something big and heavy. I had the cruise set at 65 with Tow/Haul engaged.

For comparison I get about 17.5 mpg with the cruise set at 72 in normal driving.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Are your MPG ratings from the dash or from actual calculations when filling up with fuel? I ask because I have noticed that my actual MPG is about 1.5 lower than what my dash display shows.

OP
OP
foo.c

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Are your MPG ratings from the dash or from actual calculations when filling up with fuel? I ask because I have noticed that my actual MPG is about 1.5 lower than what my dash display shows.

Dash. I sort of care, but not enough to do math. LOL.

I couldn't get above 14 mpg for the first 700 miles or so but it has started going up lately.