Torque Pro OBD2 gauges on Android Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Torque Pro gauges to work with Android Auto.

I used this post to get it to work, but it was pretty basic. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/app-obd2-plugin-android-auto-torque-t3657805)

Install Torque Pro (paid). Then install XDA Developers app store from the post above. Then I installed both the OBDIIAA app and the OBD2Free app. This lets me have two different sets of gauges I can pull up. The instructions on how to do it say you "might" need to check the box for developer apps. I absolutely did need to. It didn't work until I found this option and checked it. But it works awesome, and has a very fast resolution. Here is a video with a quick little rev so you can see the gauge latency. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUEUoU-bEOg

This is with an OBD2 MX Bluetooth adapter. The $80 one on amazon.

Attachments

• OBD2 Android Auto Sync 3.jpg
    OBD2 Android Auto Sync 3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I have Torque running on my Galaxy Note8, but I also keep a Moto G4 with a separate unlimited data connection in the truck that is connected to Android Auto so my daily, work phone won't get tied up doing Android Auto duty. Works great with minor bugs that I've figured out how to work around (won't divert your thread with details), so this would be really cool, thanks for posting!

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. The only issue is possible cumulative battery drain if you leave the dongle plugged in when the truck is off.

OP
OP
G

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. The only issue is possible cumulative battery drain if you leave the dongle plugged in when the truck is off.

This is an interesting point. Do you know for sure that the dongle uses power when the truck is off? I know torque stops receiving when the truck is off. I'll see if I still see Bluetooth hips when the truck is off.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

What gauges and values do you read in Torque Pro that is not available in the car itself?

Timing, boost, air/fuel ratio, ambient air temp, and intake air temp are the five I have there. I'd like to watch egt but there isn't a ford sensor for that. The closest is catalytic temp. Ambient is available on the radio (except in android auto) but it's convenient to have it next to intake temp.

Last edited:

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't personally tested it but I use this set up for vehicle diagnostics, gauge, 1/4 mile time, 0-60 time. I recall reading in some other forums people having dead battery issues over time from leaving the dongle attached. I believe the dongle continues to draw power even when the ignition isn't on. The little blue light on the dongle will fash even when the vehicle ignition is of. I guess all you have to do is remember to unplug it when leaving the vehicle parked for several days. I haven't tested it, just something I read on the interwebz..lol.

This is an interesting point. Do you know for sure that the dongle uses power when the truck is off? I know torque stops receiving when the truck is off. I'll see if I still see Bluetooth hips when the truck is off.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Timing, boost, air/fuel ratio, ambient air temp, and intake air temp are the five I have there. I'd like to watch egt but there isn't a ford sensor for that. The closest is catalytic temp. Ambient is available on the radio (except in android auto) but it's convenient to have it next to intake temp.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried DashCommand? Somewhere I read that Dash command was a little faster at displaying data, just wanted your opinion.