Top end same as Non Raptor F-150?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have reached the max speed more than i thought i would. Its so easy in the Gen2 to reach triple digits..

Also im not married and have no kids, so no life insurance policy needed :)

Im in the same exact position you're in.

I think someone said it already but I have notice the truck get "lighter" at 105+ as if it want to start to take off. I think the stock limiter it set perfectly fast enough to pass and keep you safe.

I have an M5 and I almost hit top speed once (in safe condition:biggrin:) anyways you can feel that car settle down above 100 as if its being sucked into the road.

Did he mean top end of the motor?

This is what I thought OP meant to, I think its just injectors Turbos connection rods and pistions that are upgraded engine wise but I dont know. Id like to see a tare down of all gen 2 ecoboosts to see the differences between the same engine design/family

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
120 for a short period in my G1 all stock with a limiter removed. That's pretty much all she could do. Tire ratings are primarily determined by the speed at which friction causes too much heat for the tire to remain stable and thus the tread component quickly breaks down. Short bursts for a few minutes isn't going to cause your tire to explode. Truck tires... esp off road tires get hot fast when going over 100, heck they get hot at 70mph.

Been 140 in a super duty... totally stable with tons more power to go, but didn't want to push my luck with 95moh rated tires and ****** breaks.