Too Much Weight!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandin10

Reaction score
So took my Raptor in for a service and to diagnose 2 minor issues I’m having.
Issue 1. Collision sensor warning keeps going off. Says “forward collision sensor blocked see manual”
Issue 2. Audible squeak coming from the rear end. As far as I can tell it’s coming from the bushings on the shocks where they mount to the frame”
I was told today by the dealer that the reason I’m having both of the issues is because of the weight I carry in the bed of the truck.
I carry about 500lbs of tools and gear around on a daily basis.
So they’re trying to tell me that 500lbs it too much and that the weight is causing both of the issues?
Any advice or input from others with similar problems would be appreciated

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could understand the the forward collision sensor issue when the rear end squats due to the tools. It’s not really blocked but instead aimed upward or straight ahead since the truck is more level or even nose high when loaded down. That can be adjusted with a little bit of time and effort. It’s a common adjustment, think about how many lifted f150’s and raptors there are.

As far as the noise goes, I would throw some grease on there. Bushing with a lack of grease or lubricant will always squeak.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could understand the the forward collision sensor issue when the rear end squats due to the tools. It’s not really blocked but instead aimed upward or straight ahead since the truck is more level or even nose high when loaded down. That can be adjusted with a little bit of time and effort. It’s a common adjustment, think about how many lifted f150’s and raptors there are.

As far as the noise goes, I would throw some grease on there. Bushing with a lack of grease or lubricant will always squeak.

If the bushings are urethane, they tend to squeak even when well greased. I had a 14 Mustang with the suspension modded and the noise from the bushings was really annoying.

OP
OP
B

Brandin10

Reaction score
I’m wondering if anyone else that carry’s weight around on a regular basis is having the same issues?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Translation: "Sir, we are unable to diagnose the problem with your truck. However, our eagle-eyed techs have noticed your every day load and the consensus is that it's the best ******** excuse we can give you to cover up our incompetence. We sincerely hope that you do not take your 500 pounds of gear out of your truck and thereby discover that we're lying to you."

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Translation: "Sir, we are unable to diagnose the problem with your truck. However, our eagle-eyed techs have noticed your every day load and the consensus is that it's the best ******** excuse we can give you to cover up our incompetence. We sincerely hope that you do not take your 500 pounds of gear out of your truck and thereby discover that we're lying to you."

Great translation! You hit the nail right on the head.