too good to be true...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this pop up in ebay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/F-150-Raptor/312095069392?hash=item48aa50d4d0:g:sbsAAOSwrBxat5St&vxp=mtr googled the vin # and saw it was a $69k sticker truck. Thought...hmm wonder how they are going to play this because they are most definitely not selling one of these for $5k off sticker. So sent over a best offer of $64,288..the exact "asking price" in their listing knowing that wouldn't stick. Their counter offer? $74,5000. I guess that is one way to drum up business.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Explanation and picture of Ford Window Sticker

it’s an 802, tail gate step and a few others but no c/f and no stickers. I’m glad to see more trucks being made without the super, overpriced graphics from Ford, but yeah, that’s a d!ck move on the dealer’s part.

I don’t think there’s much you can do by way of the ad, but the prevalence of under MSRP final sales is enough now that there’s actual negotiating power. So at least you don’t have to go there.

I knew the cost had gone up, but the almost 1500 bucks destination threw me at first.

OP
OP
K

kyuss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Explanation and picture of Ford Window Sticker

it’s an 802, tail gate step and a few others but no c/f and no stickers. I’m glad to see more trucks being made without the super, overpriced graphics from Ford, but yeah, that’s a d!ck move on the dealer’s part.

I don’t think there’s much you can do by way of the ad, but the prevalence of under MSRP final sales is enough now that there’s actual negotiating power. So at least you don’t have to go there.

I knew the cost had gone up, but the almost 1500 bucks destination threw me at first.

I agree. Nicely spec'd truck and at actual sticker I would be interested. Again, I went into that only wondering how they would respond never did I actually think the truck would sell for $5k off sticker, but then again didn't expect it to be $10k over their ebay "asking price" either.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A year ago, the market would potentially bear this price in California, and other foreign countries, and demand markets in urban areas. Outside of overpopulation centers though, MSRP was more attainable.

The internet makes shopping for the Raptor much better and has less chance of being victimized by unethical sellers.

I had an MSRP deal, offered via email. I went to the fairly local place and they bluntly told me “10k over. if you have a deal for less, buy it”.

I did.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this pop up in ebay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/F-150-Raptor/312095069392?hash=item48aa50d4d0:g:sbsAAOSwrBxat5St&vxp=mtr googled the vin # and saw it was a $69k sticker truck. Thought...hmm wonder how they are going to play this because they are most definitely not selling one of these for $5k off sticker. So sent over a best offer of $64,288..the exact "asking price" in their listing knowing that wouldn't stick. Their counter offer? $74,5000. I guess that is one way to drum up business.

I messaged them as well just for ***** and gigs......we'll see what they respond with lol