Today's project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have R1 Concepts rotors and pads on my gen1 and have been impressed by them. I'm jealous of the lift too!! Looks like the rotors are backwards though

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing your impressions

After install, I took the truck out to "break in" the new brakes. Clear 28* day. Started with a few moderate 45-0 stops to get them warmed up. Then I did 8 or so 60-15 mph hard stops but staying out of the ABS. Drove on an open road for another 10-15 minutes to let them cool down and went home. After letting the truck set for a couple hours it was time for a real test. I went back out for a normal, stop n go, drive. I really like they way the brakes feel in general. Seems to be less pedal travel and much, much, more "bite". I live on a main road with a 45 mph speed limit. When I slowed down to pull in my drive, that's when I really noticed the most difference. I've had my truck for two months and have pulled into my driveway plenty of times to know how much pedal pressure to use out of habit, today I over braked. The initial bite of the brakes is way better and so is the pedal feel. I know this isn't a scientific test with specific numbers, but, I can tell you that I'm very pleased with the results so far. I've always felt that the brakes on my Raptor were it's only weak point, this conversion seems to bring them up to par with the rest of the truck. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After install, I took the truck out to "break in" the new brakes. Clear 28* day. Started with a few moderate 45-0 stops to get them warmed up. Then I did 8 or so 60-15 mph hard stops but staying out of the ABS. Drove on an open road for another 10-15 minutes to let them cool down and went home. After letting the truck set for a couple hours it was time for a real test. I went back out for a normal, stop n go, drive. I really like they way the brakes feel in general. Seems to be less pedal travel and much, much, more "bite". I live on a main road with a 45 mph speed limit. When I slowed down to pull in my drive, that's when I really noticed the most difference. I've had my truck for two months and have pulled into my driveway plenty of times to know how much pedal pressure to use out of habit, today I over braked. The initial bite of the brakes is way better and so is the pedal feel. I know this isn't a scientific test with specific numbers, but, I can tell you that I'm very pleased with the results so far. I've always felt that the brakes on my Raptor were it's only weak point, this conversion seems to bring them up to par with the rest of the truck. Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Nope. Both pics are of drivers side.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Sorry, first pic is passenger side.
Ok, mine were labeled drivers side and faced opposite direction. I've seen them mounted both ways though

OP
OP
S

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, mine were labeled drivers side and faced opposite direction. I've seen them mounted both ways though
If the veins are straight, it makes no difference which way the slots are. Personal preference.

Attachments

• IMG_7538.JPG
    IMG_7538.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought that ford forgot the brakes when it comes to the raptor. I feel they should have upgraded the brakes from the start. Bigger tires on a performance vehicle, should be standard.