Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Tire Rotation

This is a discussion on Tire Rotation within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by CUSTOMWHEELS4U I'm pretty sure the raptor's ecu can only see 4 sensors at a time so a ...

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm Batman

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by CUSTOMWHEELS4U View Post
I'm pretty sure the raptor's ecu can only see 4 sensors at a time so a 5th sensor and a relearn every rotation would be fine. Although I don't think the Raptor displays which tires are where so you shouldn't have to re-learn every rotation unless a 5th sensor is added.
Not sure about Gen1 but the Gen2 shows the TMPS by location (FR,FL,RR,RL) So you need to relearn them after each rotation. This can be done without the tool. Use the same process as below.

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure

I stole this from here:

How To Train TPMS with no learning tool

If you use the tool it just means that you don't have to deflate and re-inflate the tires.
WhatExit? and Monster like this.

2017 Ruby Red SCREW 802A-Ordered 8/3, Built 10/14, Released from Factory 12/12, Accepted by Shipping Company 12/27, Delivered 1/19
crash457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by crash457 View Post
Not sure about Gen1 but the Gen2 shows the TMPS by location (FR,FL,RR,RL) So you need to relearn them after each rotation. This can be done without the tool. Use the same process as below.

1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure

I stole this from here:

How To Train TPMS with no learning tool

If you use the tool it just means that you don't have to deflate and re-inflate the tires.
GEN 1 did not. I have only really checked out an 801A package. It didn't look like it had locations for the tires but I didn't play around with it too much. It's nice Ford finally did this. GM has been doing it for over a decade. That was the only one up they had on ford lol.

CUSTOMWHEELS4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

I want to rotate the tires including the spare since I paid for it.

I assume I can add a TPMS for the spare and have the Raptor re-learn the 4 tires on the ground ignoring the spare.

Here's a TPMS for a Ford F-150 2017 from CJ Pony Parts

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-tir...017/p/TBANDS8/

$39.99 but may not be in stock - good price to have when talking to Ford dealer

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

I took my Raptor in for its first oil & filter change at the dealership today. I bought a TPMS and had them install it in my spare and then had them do a 5-tire rotation. Got the new (spare) on the front per the 5-tire rotation shown below.

They then reset the TPMS so the 4 tires on the ground are registered and reporting PSI to the Raptor's display. Next time I go there I'll have them do the rotation so I'm using the spare and getting value from it sharing the wear with the other tires.

Recommendation: Go to CJ Pony Parts or somewhere else to get a TPMS at a good price. I was able to get the stealership to reduce the price a bit but I paid more than CJ Pony Parts charges. Bring the TPMS to your dealership/tire store when they do the 5-tire rotation.

Attached Thumbnails
5-tire-rotation.jpg  

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)

Did they charge you extra or give you any guff about the 5x rotation instead of 4x?
smurfslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Seems like a lot of extra hassle to include the spare in rotation.

You do realize that you will be buying 5 new tires instead of 4 when you need to replace.

So any cost savings is minuscule at best
df4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I went with six tires. Bought another matching beadlock rim and tire. Discount tire did the work. I think that I paid $39.95 each for the two TPMS units. I'm doing a simple fronts to back, spares to front, backs to spares rotation.

I also had the wheel weights removed and put in balance beads. The beads are working great. 2,500 miles of pavement and 500 miles of off-road so far. Maxed the speedo out at 108 mph and it road smooth as silk.

I recommend both Discount Tire and the balance beads.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Originally Posted by wheelman55 View Post
I went with six tires. Bought another matching beadlock rim and tire. Discount tire did the work. I think that I paid $39.95 each for the two TPMS units. I'm doing a simple fronts to back, spares to front, backs to spares rotation.

I also had the wheel weights removed and put in balance beads. The beads are working great. 2,500 miles of pavement and 500 miles of off-road so far. Maxed the speedo out at 108 mph and it road smooth as silk.

I recommend both Discount Tire and the balance beads.
I have beads in my Harley tires, but I heard there is a concern with using them in wider tires. I will never do anything but beads in a motorcycle based on my experience. Now you have me thinking about the truck tires.
costnsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Default TPMS and tire rotation
I'm doing the six tire rotation with TPMS sensors in all six tires. Spares to front, front to back, back to spares.

I did the last rotation myself and the Raptor knew which tire was where after the rotation. In other words...no need to reprogram.

Last edited by wheelman55; 04-04-2018 at 09:45 PM.
wheelman55 is offline   Reply With Quote