GEN 2 Throwing Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CAI is ******* shit up.... you can't just throw a CAI on modern turbo engines without tuning them.... they are too sensitive to the air metering within set parameters for the tune

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you remove the rings out of the intake system? I have the same set up as you and mine threw codes saying the same thing. Once I put the rings back in the codes stopped.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are from what I believe silencer rings on the intake. Not sure what they are really called. But if you remove them it will throw codes. Someone on here said they talked to Roush and Roush said they have to be left in. If removed they cause pressure change on the crank case sensor which will throw a code. I’m guessing if your saying what rings that you did not removed them.

What rings ?

Attachments

• 71577190-FC40-475F-A298-981444EF4947.jpeg
    71577190-FC40-475F-A298-981444EF4947.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 67

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I believe those are more for smoothing out the turbulent air than to silence the intake, in which case, yes. Removing them can certainly throw a code.

Bevan11

Reaction score
Are you using your remote start?

I have Rousch cai and they through codes at first. I removed with forscan and they would come on again. I researched some f150 forums and found some that were talking about using remote start caused the codes to come on. I quit using the remote start and they haven't showed back up. I removed my rings.

There are from what I believe silencer rings on the intake. Not sure what they are really called. But if you remove them it will throw codes. Someone on here said they talked to Roush and Roush said they have to be left in. If removed they cause pressure change on the crank case sensor which will throw a code. I’m guessing if your saying what rings that you did not removed them.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks cause I live in ohio and I use remote start a lot lol. Guess I’ll just keep them in.

I have Rousch cai and they through codes at first. I removed with forscan and they would come on again. I researched some f150 forums and found some that were talking about using remote start caused the codes to come on. I quit using the remote start and they haven't showed back up. I removed my rings.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the rings. I put in the Full Race intake and took out the rings. It took over 1k miles but I threw the misfire code one day. After I put the rings back in its been fine. You still hear the turbo spool with them in.