Three days after taking delivery...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all, been reading the forums for a while as I awaited delivery. Lots of great info (thanks!) Got my Avalanche Screw on Friday and have some feedback for those interested.
1) Avalanche looks so different than I expected; very different than most of the pictures I've seen, and is pretty cool how it looks so different depending on whether you are in sunlight or under cloudy or dusk conditions.
2) I actually like the exhaust sound – surprised by the criticism toward it. It still sounds throaty but certainly does not sound like a large V-8. Honestly, under acceleration I LOVE the sound of the turbos spinning up before any exhaust sound is even heard. The turbo sound much more noticeable than my '15 F150.
3) the new Sync 3 with Apple play works beautifully with my iPhone
4) not sure a 10 speed transmission was ever really warranted, but it works fine. Shifts a little hard sometimes – but that is actually better for transmissions from what I've been told.

Question for you all - if I want to get 17 x 8.5 Methods to use with the stock tires, what offset would I want to have the same stance/profile as the factory set up? I think I've read that Methods only come in 0 offset? How would that compare to where the factory wheels sit? I don't mind them sticking out a little more but certainly don't want anything sticking out way past the fenders. If anyone has pictures of their Raptor with Methods/factory tires I would sure appreciate it!

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Howdy and congrats. I think I saw stock wheel offset on one of the gen 2 threads. Just search around and you should find it. Post pics of your truck

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great color choice! This is day 5 for mine. Congratulations and welcome!