Thoughts on new Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 8l90e in the vette took some getting used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treynor

Reaction score
I've no complaint with mine either, 2 weeks and 900mi in. Road trips, commuting, it drives great and the shifts are smooth in normal driving and firmish during hard acceleration. The super tall top gear really helps gas mileage.

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no complaints at all. This truck is a beast with that transmission. Shifts beautiful, and when you punch on it its just constant power with barely any shifting feeling. I love it. Way better than the 6 speed.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine shifts fine, shifts sharp in sport or WOT, but that's what you want. Skips gears when dogging it, so what, any of you guys have any experience with the Road Ranger 12 or 15 speed? how many times empty did you hit all the gears? Plus, it is still learning my driving habits.

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no complaints at all. This truck is a beast with that transmission. Shifts beautiful, and when you punch on it its just constant power with barely any shifting feeling. I love it. Way better than the 6 speed.

I agree....totally. I had some issues at first , but ever since I reset it, it's been exceptional...Love the tranny, love the engine, CANNOT BELIEVE it's a 6cyl...this thing GOES....only thing I wish is that I lived closer to the desert and could take some really long high speed off road runs....none of that in the northeast...so maybe time for a road trip....

And Oh yeah, I like the new tranny!!

Dredlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around town the transmission upshifts to a higher gears quickly. I find if I'm driving in town I just lock out 7-10 and it stops the low rpm condition.