GEN 2 to those of you who've turned off the fake engine noise with Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do people now have a hard time hearing you via the phone? almost like the noise cancelling is turned off too... :(

is this the case?

Nateburch

Reaction score
I haven’t noticed that, but I have noticed a lot more wind noise. It does seem that the noise cancellation is off. I’m considering turning the engine noise back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not 100% sure, but i was told that when you switch off that fake noise, the cancelling goes off also

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't had that issue, but I had the dealer turn it off via the IDS menu

doberer

Reaction score
comparing the dealer shutoff IDS vs forscan shutoff is there any difference in the code? ala oops that digit should(n't) be on or off too? or has that comparison already been done?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you check the for scan thread - there’s a ton of posts, but the issue of noise cancellation was addressed and yes, you turn off the fake engine noise and the noise cancellation goes with it.

I’ve not noticed having any trouble with calls or volume.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is off and I love it. The noise cancellation is BS in my opinion. No issues and I would never go back. Love knowing that what I hear is actually being produced from my truck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk