Thinking of getting a Raptor....what color though.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same dilemma. I think Magnetic is a more sophistcated look. Looks super clean. Leadfoot is more of a rugged color. That's the best way I can describe it. I chose leadfoot but originally when I was looking at '17s I was looking at Magnetic.

The Ruby Red with black wheels looks really nice too.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lead Foot if you like the color and care that it's a Ford Performance exclusive color. Magnetic if you're paranoid about swirl marks and want the extra metal flake to go with it.

Our 2018 shop truck is Lead Foot and the fact that you don't see many colors like it on the road is pretty cool. That said, if Lead Foot wasn't available, Magnetic would have been the choice. The metallic flake in Magnetic just looks so good in the sun.

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just traded a magnetic f150 for my lead foot raptor. Magnetic is better at hiding fine scratches and swirls but lead foot looks way better when they’re both clean. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironwood

Reaction score
Which stands the test of time?

A customer can have any color he wants, as long as that's black. - Henry Ford

A customer can have any color he wants, as long as that's Leadfoot. - Nobody Ever

Just kidding. I ordered black, but you do you as the saying goes. My second choice would have been race red for the rarity.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a Leadfoot 2018 Sport F-150 a few days a go. If it was not Leadfoot, it was too close to tell a difference between the two colors. Not sure its a Ford Performance color.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lead Foot if you like the color and care that it's a Ford Performance exclusive color. Magnetic if you're paranoid about swirl marks and want the extra metal flake to go with it.

Our 2018 shop truck is Lead Foot and the fact that you don't see many colors like it on the road is pretty cool. That said, if Lead Foot wasn't available, Magnetic would have been the choice. The metallic flake in Magnetic just looks so good in the sun.

That dark primer gray seems to be the "flavor of the month" and I see all kinds of Japanese hatchbacks with it. Most people don't keep a vehicle very long so this might not matter, but trendy things tend to look dated in a few years.