TFL Truck - G1 vs G2 Raptor vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Ptb4HDctY

tl;dw - the G2 is a better truck, but we like the G1 better 'cause V8

As I have said plenty of times before, I love a V8 probably more than most, but what I like even more than a V8 is results... and despite results that are clearly superior (for the G2), some folks can't get past the V8 noise (or lack thereof). It baffles the snot out of me, but there it is.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There isn’t really an illegitimate reason to choose either of these trucks, because, among other things...

you don’t need 400+ hp to go to Starbucks or the mall.
Europeans get by just fine without pickup trucks ( and 8 dollar per gallon fuel costs )
you can off-road on an atv or dirt bike quite effectively

There’s plenty of stuff I can do without a Raptor. A lot of that stuff will be more fun because of the Raptor.

A high school buddy of mine had a step dad who drag raced. he had a fastback Mustang - ’69 I think, with a built from the ground up 351W, tubbed, roll cage, everything that didn’t need to be there was gone unless it made the car safe or faster and as I recall he was doing 11.50 at MIR. One night while we were all drinking beer, my buddy convinces Jimmy to show us around his Mustang. He pulled the cover off, powered it up and we were greeted instantly to the bark of a high compression, very big cam, solid lifter v8 with open headers. It sounded brilliant ... and to this day ranks as one of the best sounding engines I’ve ever heard.

Right up until Jimmy warmed the car up and then nailed the throttle while we were admiring the engine with the hood up. Full throttle with open headers. It sounded great for about .5 seconds and then all we heard was ringing for the next 20 minutes.

So I get why some people dig on the v8 sound. I’m also fine with the TTv6 in my Raptor. It doesn’t sound like a V8 and I’m fine with that.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a preference. Gen 2 is pre turbo'd Gen 1 you have your options open for forced induction

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

tahitiansoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the cut off cylinders system to save fuel. With 1 cylinder and turbo, should be enough to move the thing

Last edited:

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I had no idea what he was talking about: 4WD selection in the Gen1.

He doesn't like having to turn a knob? Or it doesn't work?
Sounds like he has no finger strength or needs to take it to the dealer for some warranty work.

Also, I like being able to lock my rear diff in 2WD. So that's a big plus.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
One thing I had no idea what he was talking about: 4WD selection in the Gen1.

He doesn't like having to turn a knob? Or it doesn't work?
Sounds like he has no finger strength or needs to take it to the dealer for some warranty work.

Also, I like being able to lock my rear diff in 2WD. So that's a big plus.

Well after the parking light thread where people were trying to get around turning the light knob each time they got in to run the parking lights, I'd believe that some see the 4wd knob as a pain....