Terrain Mode Firmware Bug?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sehnsucht

Reaction score
I can't find out anything about this on the forum...so if it has been already discussed I apologize in advance!

Either there is a bug in the terrain mode selection part of the firmware or I'm missing something:

The transfer case setting is not being reset when vehicle turned off while not in Normal terrain mode. Here is how to reproduce it:

While driving in Normal mode and transfer case is in 2H mode (4x2)...change to Weather mode, notice transfer case selects 4A (4x4 Auto) automatically.

Select Normal again and transfer case selects 2H again automatically.

However, if you're still in Weather mode (4H) and turn the ignition off, next time you turn the engine back on the terrain mode will have reverted back to Normal but the transfer case is still in 4A and not in 2H.

In my book of (good) software design if software automatically changes a setting for the user then it should be reset back to whatever it was before!

Anybody knows of a reason for this?

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Transfer case setting persists through ignition cycles and drive mode doesn't

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my book of (good) software design if software automatically changes a setting for the user then it should be reset back to whatever it was before!

They did not use your book. This is expected behavior. I stopped using weather mode and just switch to 4A when it's wet (I tend to be pedal heavy and have already gotten this thing sideways in 2H) and back to 2H when it's dry. Only mode I use regularly is Sport Mode for lolz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts