Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockafella

Reaction score
all i know is that i wish i had spent less money at ford and more money at svc

exactly... and w/ my current bumpers - as well as my future bumpers from SVC, probably won't have a place for em (sv3 rear and no place for back-up sensors).

I like my bumpers sleek and functional as far as approach angles, etc. All the added tech in the factory bumpers will be a no-go for me. Just a waste of money.

Husker

Reaction score
exactly... and w/ my current bumpers - as well as my future bumpers from SVC, probably won't have a place for em (sv3 rear and no place for back-up sensors).

I like my bumpers sleek and functional as far as approach angles, etc. All the added tech in the factory bumpers will be a no-go for me. Just a waste of money.

Do you have pictures with SVC and the stock one you're talking about?

KellyD

Reaction score
On this same subject... I'm getting ready to order here before long. I'm wondering if the Tech package/Adaptive cruise uses "radar" and will prevent me from having a radar detector as it would always be going off. If so, I'm wondering if my Valentine One can program that frequency out and still be effective. Anyone else having any thoughts along this line?

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On this same subject... I'm getting ready to order here before long. I'm wondering if the Tech package/Adaptive cruise uses "radar" and will prevent me from having a radar detector as it would always be going off. If so, I'm wondering if my Valentine One can program that frequency out and still be effective. Anyone else having any thoughts along this line?

Millions of cars are on the road with this technology. It won't be a problem.

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They design detectors to filter out radar emitted from other cars. Just make sure you keep your detector up to date.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stop and go adaptive cruise control on my '15 Audi Q7 and it's awesome. One of the coolest new features in auto technology. Glad to see it will be on my Raptor too :)

It looks like the Raptor won't have it, based on what I see... the Ford Build & Price tool specifies "Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation". Per the 2017 Owner's Manual (http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_08_2016.pdf), in the section regarding Adaptive Cruise Control, the following warning is on page 226:

When following a vehicle, your vehicle does not decelerate automatically to a stop, nor does your vehicle always decelerate quickly enough to avoid a crash without driver intervention. Always apply the brakes when necessary. Failing to do so may result in a crash, injury, or death.

Now, lawyer-ese aside, it sounds like, indeed, the adaptive cruise implemented in the 2017 F150 (and presumably the Raptor) does not have the "Stop-and-Go" functionality. Instead, it looks like there is a visual warning of a pending collision (a line of red LEDs that reflect off the windshield) along with "pre-charging" the brakes such that even a light application of pressure on the brake pedal will apply maximum braking (https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...warning.html?year=2017&model=F-150&sync=sync3).

I really wish that the Stop-and-Go functionality was available, though...

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - it will slow you and flash a red light on the windshield, but won't stop you completely. I know a lot of people hate that stuff, but if you do want it, Ford is behind the curve.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to sound like an old man, but I don't need anything more then normal cruise control. Only reason I use cruise control is when my foot is tired of holding down the gas pedal on long drives. I don't plan on taking my eyes or hands off the wheel ever so that doesn't really seem like it's worth the extra cost. And seriously, auto high beams and wipers...how lazy are we becoming?