Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaypee

Reaction score
If you can afford the tech package you will be glad you have it. I use all the features. Granted we are all accustomed to controlling speed, headlights and wipers and some prefer doing it. Not me I guess I am lazy. Lane assistance and blind spot control can save your life.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

BTW the Raptor cannot be ordered with collision avoidance system. Any guesses at why a $70,000 with all the sensors necessary to activate collision avoidance would not have the function?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can afford the tech package you will be glad you have it. I use all the features. Granted we are all accustomed to controlling speed, headlights and wipers and some prefer doing it. Not me I guess I am lazy. Lane assistance and blind spot control can save your life.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

BTW the Raptor cannot be ordered with collision avoidance system. Any guesses at why a $70,000 with all the sensors necessary to activate collision avoidance would not have the function?

LIDAR comes on the Platinum if it is important to you. The old school radar on the Raptor doesn't support more advanced functionality.

wheelman76

Reaction score

It doesn’t have this?6a381e984565b218d9d50b0f5af68157.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesn’t have this?6a381e984565b218d9d50b0f5af68157.jpg

That is collision warning. Avoidance and warning are very different things. One brakes for you, the other does not. (Raptor has brake boost, but not auto braking.)

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is collision warning. Avoidance and warning are very different things. One brakes for you, the other does not. (Raptor has brake boost, but not auto braking.)

It is weird cause the manual says it doesn't, but I've definitely had it brake for me at least once. Also saw a video online where some guy intentionally tried to floor it into the guy in front of him several times, and the truck would just brake.

wheelman76

Reaction score
It is weird cause the manual says it doesn't, but I've definitely had it brake for me at least once. Also saw a video online where some guy intentionally tried to floor it into the guy in front of him several times, and the truck would just brake.

Well now I’m curious what’s true.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now I’m curious what’s true.

What's true is ...
Raptor only applies the brakes while adaptive cruise control is engaged. This feature is primarily for slowing the vehicle while descending steep grades and for adapting to the speed of a slower vehicle in front of you. This system will also disengage completely once speed is reduced to 15 mph or so. It will warn you with the collision warning light but you must put your foot on the brakes or you will most certainly hit the obstacle in front of you. Raptor has absolutely no other "self driving capabilities other than matching a cruise speed set by the driver in front of you. The collision warning system consists of a warning light, audible warning, and a priming of the brakes hydraulic system. Only....

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems there’s still no clear answer to this. We’ve heard people sounding quite sure from both sides which isn’t helping. Then there’s the fact that 2018 raptors are advertised with adaptive cruise with auto start atop.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems there’s still no clear answer to this. We’ve heard people sounding quite sure from both sides which isn’t helping. Then there’s the fact that 2018 raptors are advertised with adaptive cruise with auto start atop.

For the millionth time, "stop-and-start" refers to the engine turning itself off at traffic lights. "Stop-and-go" is the newest generation adaptive cruise that is NOT available on the 2018 Raptor.

wheelman76

Reaction score
Either way I’m still ordering the tech package [emoji16]