Technology Package worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taoseno

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not get the tech package or graphics package but I did get 802A.......

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive Cruise, auto high beams and wipers are awesome if your are hauling long distance as are the ventalted seats. Just drove 1,700 miles in three days and these features made it easy

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Too bad the crash mitigation isn’t standard on 802a and the other options stayed as the tech package. Vehicles much less expensive have those crash warnings already it should be on the 801 package in my opinion for such an expensive high performance vehicle.

The added safety would be my #1 reason to add that tech package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Too bad the crash mitigation isn’t standard on 802a and the other options stayed as the tech package. Vehicles much less expensive have those crash warnings already it should be on the 801 package in my opinion for such an expensive high performance vehicle.

The added safety would be my #1 reason to add that tech package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you mentioned is available on the Lariat and up, but not the Raptor since it didn't get a redesigned front end.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just owned a 2017 Super Duty Lariat Ultimate with all of these features for one year and traded for a base Raptor 800A. Here's what I miss and here's what I don't:

Miss: auto high beams and smart entry; BLIS.

Don't miss: rain-sensing wipers, adaptive cruise, collision warning (no lane keep offered on Super Duty since it still uses hydraulic power steering)

We also have a 2014 Lincoln which has adaptive cruise, lane keep, BLIS, collision warning / mitigation, self-parking, etc.

The auto high beams worked great in the Super Duty. It just becomes so nice when the truck is always giving you maximum light whenever possible, automatically. Driving the Raptor with manual high beams, it seems odd to have to do it yourself.

Rain sensing wipers only work "OK." They often take too long to activate, and don't adjust speed in a very timely manner. This seems to be the same in every vehicle I've driven with them...our old 2002 Mercedes seemed to work the best. I think the problem is there is only one small infrared sensor at the top of the windshield which detects rainfall. There should be a second sensor mounted lower and closer to the driver's side. If you get splashed but water doesn't hit the top of the windshield dead center, the wipers do not activate. Cool feature when it works, but it does not always work well.

Adaptive cruise is annoying. It lulls you into inattention, and if you get behind a slower car than your set speed...you just slow down unless you initiate a pass. Many times you just end up going slower. There are times it can be nice, but on the highway with normal cruise when you close in on a car you realize you need to pass. Adaptive cruise also wears out your brakes much more quickly. For one thing, it applies the brakes even with no one in front of you when you go downhill so you don't go over the set speed. That, combined will other brake events to keep you going slow means a lot more braking than usual.

Lane keep can be fascinating, but it does not always work well (needs clear lane markings) and some roads don't even have any lane markings. Additionally, it can be annoying seeing that cup of coffee just because you drifted to the centerline a few times. I don't care if I drift a bit when there is no other traffic around you.

BLIS was kind of useless on the Super Duty. That truck has such great mirrors there literally are *no* blind spots. The Raptor's mirrors aren't bad but they aren't great, either. I could see where this is useful. I did find the rear cross traffic feature useful on the Super Duty, but mine was a Crew Cab long bed dually...the longest pickup on the road. The Raptor is a lot shorter. The BLIS functioning while towing a trailer can be useful.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The rain sensing wipers on my Rap work like a champ. I didn’t go shopping for the tech package but the Raptor I found for the price I could stomach had it. So I took the plunge. it was this decked out Rap at MSRP or trucks with lesser options with hateful ADM charges... The market is more realistic now, so lesser optioned trucks are making their way out.

I’ve been trying adaptive cruise lately, and not just setting and forgetting. depending on traffic and speed I’m altering the following distance and I am liking it more. It can be frustrating to use in traffic if you leave the normal following distance, especially on I95, cluttered with drivers from NY, NJ, MD, VA & DC, but I’ve had better results with less following distance in these situations. Lest some cell yakking moron jump in front of you.

Good feedback @troverman

Jsousa03

Reaction score
Worth every penny for adaptive cruise control alone. If you take road trips or drive a lot of highway miles for work it quickly becomes a feature you couldn't live without.